This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
1981 (age 36–37)|
He studied piano in Florence with Rosanita Racugno and Marco Vavolo, organ in Florence with Mariella Mochi and Alessandro Albenga, organ improvisation with Fausto Caporali and Stefano Rattini in Cremona, harpsichord in Rome with Francesco Cera and, in specializing master courses, with Ton Koopman, Matteo Imbruno, Luigi Ferdinando Tagliavini, Luca Scandali, Giancarlo Parodi, Stefano Innocenti, Klemens Schnorr, Ludger Lohmann, Michel Bouvard, Monika Henking, and Guy Bovet.
After winning some major organ competitions in Italy (the 2nd and 3rd Alessandro Esposito Youth Organ Competitions (Lucca, 2004–05), and the 1st Agati-Tronci International Organ Competition (Pistoia, 2008), he started an international career as concert soloist that brought him performing through Europe, U.S.A. and Brazil, where he also held some masterclasses.
In 2009, he started an intense activity as recording artist, producing various discs of harpsichord and organ music. Many of his recordings have been acclaimed by the international press (Musica, Diapason, BBC music Magazine, Klassik.com, Fanfare among others).
As a composer, he published some of his works for the publisher Armelin of Padua.
Stella is a secular member of the Order of Servants of St. Mary in Florence, and is actually the titular organist of the historical instruments in the Church of Santissima Annunziata.
- 2009: Georg Friedrich Händel, Suites for harpsichord, book 1, 2 CD, OnClassical (OC33-34B).
- 2011: Dietrich Buxtehude, Complete Harpsichord Music, 4 CD, OnClassical (OC51-54Bv), Brilliant Classics (94312).
- 2012: Dietrich Buxtehude, Complete Organ Music, 6 CD, OnClassical (OC61-66Bv), Brilliant Classics (94422).
- 2013: Georg Böhm, Complete Harpsichord and Organ Music, 4 CD, OnClassical (OC72-75B), Brilliant Classics (94612).
- 2013: Luigi Cherubini, Sei Sonate per cimbalo, un CD, Amadeus Rainbow.
- 2014: Johann Adam Reincken, Complete Harpsichord and Organ Music, 3 CD, OnClassical (OC84-86B), Brilliant Classics (94606).
- 2015: Johann Gottfried Walther, Complete Organ Music, 12 CD, Brilliant Classics (94730).
- 2015: Various Composers: Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 565 & other works, 1 CD, OnClassical (OC95B)
- 2016: Jean-Philippe Rameau: Complete Harpsichord Music, 2 CD, OnClassical (OC130BSET)
- 2016: Johann Jakob Froberger: Complete Music for Harpsichord and Organ, 16 CD, Brilliant Classics (94740)
- 2016: Johann Sebastian Bach: Organ Works BWV 538, 542, 545, 565, 572, 582, 590, 1 CD, OnClassical (OC150B)
|This article about an Italian classical musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|