Lein was born in Pordenone, in the northern part of Italy. For her education, she graduated from the Academy of Fine Art in Rome. Simonetta also has a specialization as a Gestalt counsellor and an honorary degree from the Papal and Tiber University in Rome. She currently resides in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Lein is a former columnist for Vanity Fair Italy, La Repubblica, and La Voce Di New York. She has also written for Forbes, Entrepreneur and Huffington Post USA. She has written a book, Everything Is Possible: A Novel About the Power of Dreams, which was published by Sperling & Kupfer in 2013.
As a model, she has been featured in Vogue Italia, Vanity Fair Italy and Cosmopolitan. Simonetta has modelled for several fashion designers and photographers including Bruno Oliviero and Giovanni Gastel.. She is the CEO and co-founder of Ausonia Partners, a media and public relations agency headquartered in Pennsylvania. She has also been cited as one of the top 100 fashion and social media influencers.
In 2015, Lein founded The Wishwall Foundation- an initiative to address social causes like literacy, poverty, women's safety and to help make wishes come true. In 2018, her work at the foundation was extended to a television program called The Wishwall, produced Rocco Leo Gaglioti of the FNL Network and is now available worldwide on Roku TV and Amazon Fire TV. 
- Kivo, Dillon (2019-04-13). "Movers & Shakers Interview With Simonetta Lein". Kivo Daily. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- JMGLifestyle (2017-09-28). "Cover Story – Simonetta Lein, The Social Media & Fashion Icon". JMG Lifestyle Magazine. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- Lein, Simonetta; Author, ContributorHere to inspire The Celebrity Wishmaker www thewishmaker us Published; Influencer; Icon, Named Fashion; Millennial; www.thewishwall.org, Activist #Ihelpwishescometrue for www thewishwallfoundation org via (2016-03-29). "A Meeting of Minds and Media Strategies. Simonetta Lein The Wishmaker Meets Web Manager Mauro Perrella". HuffPost. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- Lein, Simonetta. Amabile, Raphael Anthony (ed.). Everything Is Possible: A Novel About the Power of Dreams. Translated by Russell-Edu, William.[verification needed]
- "'Oltre la crisi', in mostra le fotografie di Bruno Oliviero con Simonetta Lein" (in Italian). Affaritaliani.it. Retrieved 2017-08-28.
- Lein, Simonetta. Amabile, Raphael Anthony (ed.). Everything Is Possible: A Novel About the Power of Dreams. Translated by Russell-Edu, William.
- ""Oltre la crisi" con Simonetta Lein". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- ""Oltre la crisi" con Simonetta Lein". Vanity Fair Italy (in Italian). 10 October 2013. Retrieved 2017-08-28.
- "È la giornata internazionale per l'eliminazione della violenza contro le donne". Vogue Italia (in Italian). Retrieved 2017-08-28.
- "How Social Media Influencer and top Model Simonetta Lein is Rewriting the Women and Millenial Stereotype, a Post at a Time – Thrive Global". thriveglobal.com. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- Journalist (2019-05-01). "How top model and influencer Simonetta Lein became a powerhouse businesswoman: Time Business News TBN". TIME BUSINESS NEWS. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- "One of the top 100 influencers in the world: A day in Simonetta Lein's life". Blasting News. 2018-03-19. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- Magazine, Hollywood Stage. "EXCLUSIVE: Top Fashion influencer Simonetta Lein reveals her favorite Valentine's day outfit | Hollywood Stage Magazine". Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- Sun, Winnie. "Lessons Learned From 'The Wish Maker' Simonetta Lein On Starting Your Own Charity". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- FWO (2018-08-13). ""The Wishwall" TV Show Starring Simonetta Lein Launches on Amazon Prime via FNL Network". Fashion Week Online®. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- Karmo, Maimah (2016-10-10). "Meeting Simonetta Lein, 'The Celebrity Wishmaker'". HuffPost. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
- "Simonetta Lein" (in Italian). La Voce di New York. Retrieved 2017-08-28.
- "Oltre la crisi". Cosmopolitan. 2013-10-07. Retrieved 2017-08-29.