This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Original author(s)||Maarten Baert|
0.3.8 / November 6, 2016
|License||GNU General Public License|
SimpleScreenRecorder can capture a video-audio record of the entire computer screen or part of it, or records OpenGL applications such as video games directly. The program synchronizes the captured video and audio properly, reduces the frame rate of the video if the user's computer is too slow, and is fully multithreaded. Users can pause and resume recording by clicking a button or by pressing a hotkey. The program can also show statistics about the computer's performance during recording. The program allows users to select options for the screen capture such as 'Follow the cursor' and 'Record the cursor'. SimpleScreenRecorder can output video and audio into many final file container formats. These distinct video and audio encodings are also customizable. The resolution and frame rate of the resulting video may be set prior to recording, as may the audio quality of the video.
Comparison to other Screencast software
When recording openGL applications or games, SimpleScreenRecorder is capable of interjecting a library command upon launch to facilitate proper screen capture. SimpleScreenRecorder does not require a large disk-cache like glc, where glc requires a two-step process in order to create a final and playable multimedia file. ScreenRecorder encodes on the fly while the screen is being recorded, and a multimedia file can be 'saved' after the user clicks on a 'Save the recording' button.
- "Who Needs Fraps on Linux When You Have SimpleScreenRecorder?". Retrieved 29 August 2015.
- Lynch, Jim (1 January 2014). "Install SimpleScreenRecorder in Ubuntu 13.10". Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- Mazurczyk, Wojciech; Karaś, Maciej; Szczypiorski, Krzysztof; Janicki, Artur (8 July 2015). "YouSkyde: information hiding for Skype video traffic". Multimedia Tools and Applications: An International Journal. Springer US: 6. doi:10.1007/s11042-015-2740-0. Retrieved 29 August 2015.
- "What is SimpleScreenRecorder?". maartenbaert.be. Retrieved 4 June 2013.
- Sneddon, Joey-Elijah (28 December 2013). "Simple Screen Recorder Makes Screencasting on Linux Easy". Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- Jotpreet, Singh (14 December 2014). "How To Record Your Screen In Ubuntu With SimpleScreenRecorder". Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- Yavaş, Oğuz Veli. "Simple Screen Recorder ile Linux’ta Oyun Videolarını Kaydedin". Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- Sakomoto, Takashi (19 March 2014). "第316回 SimpleScreenRecorderで簡単スクリーンレコード". Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "nullkey / glc". github.com. Retrieved 6 June 2013.