|Type||Note-taking | Markdown|
Simplenote has an externally accessible API, allowing other clients to be written: macOS Dashboard widget DashNote; nvPY, a cross-platform Simplenote client; amongst others. In addition, the macOS program Notational Velocity and the Windows utility ResophNotes can also sync with Simplenote.
Simplenote was originally developed by Simperium in 2008.
Automattic acquired Simperium and Simplenote on January 24, 2013. In September, Automattic released an Android version and later relaunched Simplenote, which suspended the premium service and removed ads for all users.
In May 2016, an official client for Linux for Simplenote was released.
The application was reviewed by Mac Life, reviewed in the book Lifehacker: The Guide to Working Smarter, Faster, and Better, and covered in the book The Business of iPhone and iPad App Development.
- Loyola, Roman (27 January 2014). "Simplenote review: Basic note-taker for Mac bests OS X's Notes". Macworld.
- Dachis, Adam (2011-06-27). "The Best Syncing Note-Taker for Mac". Lifehacker. Retrieved 2012-01-11.
- Dachis, Adam (2011-05-06). "ResophNotes Is an Excellent Simplenote-Syncing Notes App for Windows". Lifehacker. Retrieved 2015-02-25.
- Orin, Andy (2015-03-08). "Behind the App: The Story of Simplenote". Lifehacker. Retrieved 2016-04-25.
- Johnston, Michael (2009-11-23). "An overview of Simplenote Premium". Retrieved 2016-04-25.
- Fuller, John. "Simplenote Review". Macworld.
- Johnston, Michael (2013-01-24). "Simplenote supercharged". Retrieved 2016-04-25.
- Bhushan, Amarendra (September 10, 2013). "Simplenote Now Available On Android Devices". CEOWORLD Magazine.
- Mullenweg, Matt (2013-09-23). "On the new Simplenote". Retrieved 2016-04-25.
- "Webzash". Tuesday, 31 December 2019
- "iOS, Android, and macOS Apps Now Open Source". Simplenote. 2016-08-11. Retrieved 2020-11-04.
- https://techcrunch.com/2016/08/11/simplenote-the-planets-most-useful-piece-of-software-is-now-open-source-on-ios-macos-and-android/ .In Dec 2017,simplenote added extra features such as passlock and cloud sync./
- Keirn-Swanson, J (22 December 2010). "App Showdown: Simplenote vs. Notes Plus". Mac Life.
- Pash, Adam; Trapani, Gina (2011). Lifehacker: The Guide to Working Smarter, Faster, and Better. Lifehacker. ISBN 9781118133453.
- Wooldridge, Dave; Schneider, Michael (2011). The Business of iPhone and iPad App Development. Apress. ISBN 9781430233008.