|Industry||Cosmetics, personal care|
|Founded||March 30, 2010|
|Headquarters||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
Siti Nurhaliza (President)|
Datuk Khalid Mohd Jiwa (Co-President)
Datuk Normaziah Sheikh Mohamed
|Products||Skincare, lipstick, make-up, perfume|
SimplySiti Sdn. Bhd., (d/b/a SimplySiti) is a cosmetic line founded by a Malaysian artiste, Siti Nurhaliza in March 2010 with the headquarters in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The brand’s name was derived from the word “simplicity”.
- 1 History
- 2 Promotion
- 3 Awards
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Launched in early 2010, SimplySiti is Siti Nurhaliza's second attempt to participate in a business industry after her first trial with her CTea came to a dead end, and the production of her branded tea was stopped in March to focus more on SimplySiti. With the help of her husband, Datuk Seri Khalid Mohd Jiwa and two others business partners, she ventured into the cosmetic industry after two years of research with AC Nielsen to study the market and target customers. The cosmetics are produced in Korea. with the incorporation of nanotechnology. Before being released into the market, SimplySiti received Halal status from Jabatan Kemajuan Islam Malaysia (JAKIM) officials who visited the factory in Korea to inspect every aspect of the production with strict regulations to ensure the products are Halal. Many of the products, especially her lipstick range released bear the names from her singles' and albums' titles. Marketing strategies include availability of the products over 200 Watsons, Guardian and Jusco outlets throughout Malaysia, with its first kiosk at the JB Sentral in Johor Bahru and there are plans for promoting the products to Brunei, Indonesia, Singapore and Middle East countries.
In July, Siti signed a contract a British toiletries company, Standard Soap for producing SimplySiti new products such as shampoo, anti-perspirant and other toiletries for release in February 2011, which could worth up to £5 million for the first three to four years.
A limited gold edition of SimplySiti products with her signature was released in late August especially for Hari Raya Aidilfitri and a month later, a new collection known as "SimplySiti Glam Red" was released with five new hues for the lipstick collection.
Siti was personally involved with the promotion of the products including starring in the product's television commercials and touring malls around Malaysia where she also released a theme song for the SimplySiti products, Rahsiaku Kini Milikmu (It Used To Be My Secret, Now It's Yours).
BOSS Awards (BA) was organised by the Malaysian Association of ASEAN Young Entrepreneurs (MAAYE) to recognise the outstanding performers in the Malaysian and ASEAN young entrepreneur community. The awards aim to promote excellence, innovation and best practices in business entities.
|2016||SimplySiti||People's Choice Awards||Nominated|
Halal Journal Awards
First launced in 2006 by The Halal Journal, one of the main objectives of this award is to give out support to the halal products and services from all over the world. Being the only Malaysian winner, her cosmetic and skincare range, SimplySiti took home the Best Product category.
|2010||SimplySiti||Best Halal Product||Won|
Halal Fiest Malaysia or more commonly known as Halfest is an annual five-day trade show first launched in 2011 to promote Malaysian's Small and Medium-sized Business that are certified to be Halal. In 2012, SimplySiti cosmetic range was placed second in the Best Packaging category of Halfest 2012 Awards.
|2012||SimplySiti||Best Packaging||Second Place|
Kecantikan Untukumu Cosmopolitan Awards
|2010||SimplySiti||The Best Water-Proof Mascara||Won|
The BrandLaureate - SMEs Chapter Awards
On 11 January 2011, she received two awards from The BrandLaureate - Small and Medium Enterprises Chapter Awards (The BrandLaureate - SME's Chapter Awards), one for her SimplySiti range, for Most Promising Brand and another one for herself, first time introduced in 2011, The BrandLaureate Tun Dr. Siti Hasmah SME’s Women of The Year 2010 which was presented by Tun Dr. Siti Hasmah, wife of Malaysia's fourth Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir herself.
|2011||SimplySiti||Most Promising Brand||Won|
|Herself||The BrandLaureate Tun Dr. Siti Hasmah SME’s Women of The Year||Won|
UDC Business Awards
On 8 October 2011, she received an award by UDC Business Awards (Universo De Comercio Business Awards) under the category of “UDC Best Upcoming Cosmetic Product” presented by former Prime Minister, Tun Mahathir.
|2011||SimplySiti||UDC Best Upcoming Cosmetic Product||Won|
Watson's Health, Wellness and Beauty Awards
|2010||SimplySiti||The Best Halal Launch||Won|
|The Best Halal BB-Cream||Won|
|The Best Coverage Face Powder||Won|
|The Best Exclusive Brand Launch||Won|
Malaysia’s Strongest Brands Award
Malaysia’s Strongest Brands Award was hosted by Y&R (Young and Rubicam) Malaysia, to recognize the strongest brands in Malaysia across 10 categories including Automative, Banking, Beauty, Food and Beverage, Insurance, Retail Industry and Telecommunications. The winners were chosen based on the BrandAsset Valuator (BAV) Malaysia Study 2016, which looked at merit and detailed data collection of over 900 brands in Malaysia.
|2016||SimplySiti||Malaysia’s Strongest Brands - BEAUTY||Won|
- Shazryn Mohd. Faizal (31 March 2010). "Siti bergelar ahli perniagaan". Utusan Malaysia Online (in Malay). Retrieved 31 October 2010.
- Shazryn Mohd. Faizal (9 April 2010). "SimplySiti bukti kesungguhan Siti". Utusan Malaysia Online (in Malay). Retrieved 31 October 2010.
- Hartati Hassan Basri (9 June 2010). "Saya sendiri gunakannya". Harian Metro (in Malay). Digital Collections DC5: Text Archive. Retrieved 31 October 2010.
- "SimplySiti bukan lagi rahsia". Utusan Malaysia Online (in Malay). 11 April 2010. Retrieved 31 October 2010.
- "Siti Hampir Putus Asa Di Korea". mStar Online (in Malay). 2 April 2010. Retrieved 31 October 2010.
- "Rawatan untuk semua jenis kulit". Harian Metro (in Malay). Digital Collections DC5: Text Archive. 20 May 2010. Retrieved 6 November 2010.
- "Standard Soap is a hit with Malaysian superstar Siti". Thisisbusiness.co.uk. 27 July 2010. Retrieved 31 October 2010.
- Budiey Isma (2 September 2010). "10 Fakta Menarik Projek Terbaru Siti Nurhaliza untuk SimplySiti". Sensasi Selevriti (in Malay). Retrieved 6 November 2010.
- "SimplySiti Muncul Dengan Gincu Rona Merah!". Murai.com.my (in Malay). 1 October 2010. Retrieved 6 November 2010.
- "SimplySiti, kemunculan Siti Nurhaliza tarik lebih 2,000 pengunjung". Utusan Malaysia Online (in Malay). 12 April 2010. Retrieved 31 October 2010.
- "Applause". Malaysia Association of ASEAN Young Entrepreneurs. Retrieved 20 October 2016.
- Siti Nurhaliza. "People's Choice Award at the BOSS Awards Malaysia 2016!". Retrieved 20 October 2016.
- "Former Malaysian Prime Minister presents The Halal Journal Awards to the industry's top achievers". The Halal Journal. 29 May 2010.
- Mohd Al Qayum Aziz (29 May 2010). "SimplySiti Terima Anugerah Produk Halal Terbaik". Mstar Online (in Malay). Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- "Halfest sasar usahawan kecil". Harian Metro (in Malay). 15 August 2011. Retrieved 19 October 2012.
- Muhammad Zulhilmi Daud (12 October 2012). "Sultan Ahmad Shah". Bernama Images (in Malay). Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- Siti Nurhaliza (29 October 2011). "Kagumi Foster". Berita Harian (in Malay). Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- SultanMuzaffar (12 January 2011). "Siti Nurhaliza Terima Pengiktirafan BrandLaureate". Gua.com.my (in Malay). Archived from the original on 15 January 2011. Retrieved 11 January 2011.
- "Perodua ungguli anugerah jenama terbaik". Berita Harian Online (in Malay). 12 January 2011. Retrieved 11 January 2011.
- Ell (24 October 2011). "Dato' Siti Nurhaliza & Hatta Dolmat Terima Anugerah Berprestij, 'UDC Business Award 2011′". OhBulan (in Malay). Archived from the original on 25 October 2011. Retrieved 25 October 2011.
- S. Puspadevi (23 July 2016). "Consumers at the heart of branding". The Star Online. Star Media Group Berhad. Retrieved 10 August 2016.
- "Produk Kecantikan Siti Terus Dapat Pengiktirafan". mynewshub. Extra Media Network. Retrieved 10 August 2016.