|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
Jason Stockwood (Group CEO)
Chris Slater (USA CEO)
David Summers (COO)
Fiona McSwein (CCO)
Alan Thomas (CCO)
Neil Edwards (CFO)Lukas Oberhuber (CTO)
|Products||Business insurance, Shop insurance and Landlord insurance|
|Revenue||£40 million (2015)|
Number of employees
Simply Business is the trading name of Xbridge Ltd. It is the UK's largest online business insurance broker with 420,000 customers. The company has been featured in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 four times and in 2015 and 2016 won The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For.
Xbridge was founded in 2000 by Brad Liebmann, Ralph Arnold, Deno Fischer and Jim Nelson, who provided £1 million in seed capital. The company experimented with a variety of ventures, including building an online marketplace for lending to small businesses.
In 2005, under the founding guidance of Tony Deacon and Chris Slater, the company chose to specialise in small business insurance, launching an online quote comparison service under the Simply Business brand. In the same year, the company opened its customer care centre in Northampton.
In 2011, Simply Business signed a white label deal with moneysupermarket.com and became their exclusive provider for business insurance. In the same year, the company adopted the Agile software development methodology.
In August 2012, the company celebrated its 200,000th customer.
In July 2013 it was announced that the company had completed a management buy-out backed by the private equity firm AnaCap Financial Partners LLP.
In February 2015 Simply Business was voted first in The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies To Work For.
Simply Business went on to win The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies To Work For 2016 with Jason Stockwood, Group CEO of Simply Business also scooping the award for the 'Best Leader' award at the ceremony.
Jason Stockwood is also known as the pioneer of an empowering leadership style and people-focused culture.
Simply Business are also a sponsor of the Start-Up Awards.
In December 2016 Simply Business USA was launched with offices in Boston, Massachusetts.
In March 2017, Travelers Insurance entered into an agreement to purchase Simply Business for £400m. Pending regulatory approval and closing procedures, the transaction will close in the third quarter of 2017. 
The company sells insurance online to small businesses, landlords and shops within the United Kingdom. The insurers on the panel include AXA, Hiscox, Ageas, UK General, Covea, NIG, Aro, Sherwood, AIG, LV=, Modus and Arag.
Simply Business also has its own brands Finsbury, Maltings and Chiswell Insurance, which are underwritten by AXA and Great Lakes (a fully owned subsidiary of MunichRe).
Key covers include public liability insurance, professional indemnity insurance, employers' liability insurance, landlords insurance, home emergency cover, boiler breakdown, legal expenses cover and commercial property landlord insurance.
- Winner of the Ruban d’Honneur in the European Business Awards 2017.
- Winner of The Sunday Times Best Companies To Work For 2016.
- Winner of 'Best Leader' Jason Stockwood CEO at The Sunday Times Best Companies To Work For 2016.
- National Champion at the European Business Awards 2016.
- Winner of Finance Team of the Year at the Business Finance Awards 2016.
- Winner of Data Champions of the Year at the Insurance Marketing & PR Awards 2016.
- Winner of Team of the Year at the National Quality & Customer Experience Awards 2016.
- Winner of The Sunday Times Best Companies To Work For 2015.
- Simply Business featured in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- Winner of 'Best use of Mobile Technology' at the Technology in Insurance Awards 2012.
- Commended for 'Best use of Social Media' at the Technology in Insurance Awards 2012.
- Commended for 'Outstanding Broker Claims Team of the Year' at the Insurance Times UK Claims Excellence Awards 2012.
- Winner of 'Marketing Campaign of the Year' at the UK Broker Awards 2012.
- Winner of 'Most Agile Aware Organisation' at the UK Agile Awards 2011.
- Winner of 'Young Broker of the Year' at the UK Broker Awards 2011
- "Sunday Times Best Companies To Work For 2015". Sunday Times. Retrieved 2015-02-27.
- "The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies". Global Senior Executive Jobs | The Times & The Sunday Times. Retrieved 2017-02-08.
- "Insurance innovator breaks the mould with happiest workforce in the UK". Retrieved 2017-02-07.
- "People-focused CEOs: Jason Stockwood". hrmagazine.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-02-08.
- "Business insurance - Compare quotes - Simply Business". www.simplybusiness.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-02-08.
- Simply Business (2016-06-16), #HackSomethingBetter - Create Something Better, retrieved 2017-02-08
- "Simply Business names Whizz Kidz as official charity partner". Retrieved 2017-02-08.
- "Home - Startups Awards by Startups.co.uk: Start up a successful business". Startups Awards by Startups.co.uk: Start up a successful business. Retrieved 2017-02-08.
- "Simply Business". www.simplybusiness.com. Retrieved 2017-02-07.
- "The European Business Awards". www.businessawardseurope.com. Retrieved 2017-02-08.
- "The European Business Awards". www.businessawardseurope.com. Retrieved 2017-02-07.
- "Business Finance Awards 2016: The Winners | Financial Director". www.financialdirector.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-02-16.
- "Winners - Insurance Marketing and PR Awards and Conference". www.insurancemarketingawardsconf.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-02-07.
- "National Quality & Customer Experience Awards". Quality & Customer Experience. Retrieved 2017-02-07.
- "Sunday Times Tech Track". Fast Track. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- "Technology in Insurance Awards 2012". Insurance Times. Retrieved 2013-03-23.
- "UK Claims Excellence Awards". Insurance Times. Retrieved 2013-03-23.
- "Winners of the UK Broker Awards 2012". UK Broker Awards. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- "This year's winners". UK Agile Awards. Retrieved 2012-09-17.
- "2011 Winners". UK Broker Awards. Retrieved 2013-03-23.