Simply Orange Juice Company
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2022)
|Product type||Beverage, fruit juice|
|Owner||The Coca-Cola Company (owned by Minute Maid)|
|Introduced||July 29, 2001|
The Simply Orange Juice Company is an American fruit juice company based in Apopka, Florida that was founded in 2001 and is a brand of The Coca-Cola Company. It makes a number of not-from-concentrate orange juices and other fruit juices that are sold refrigerated in a clear plastic bottle with a green twist top and large green seal. The bottles have a wide body that starts tapering to a narrow neck at the top of the label.
The company is a major purchaser of Florida oranges for its orange juice, but also imports orange juice from Brazil and Mexico. Simply Orange uses a computer-modeled blending of orange juice sources, intending for the juice to have a uniform taste year-round.
The company was founded in 2001 by Minute Maid, launching three varieties of "Simply Orange" in the Northeastern United States. In 2002, it expanded to the Southeastern United States. By 2003, the company had national distribution. The three launched varieties of Simply Orange were Original, Original with Calcium and Grove Made. Simply Orange added a fourth variety in 2004: Country Stand with Calcium.
In 2006, the company expanded the "Simply" line by launching Simply Lemonade and Simply Limeade. In August 2007, the Simply Orange Juice Company announced the addition of Simply Grapefruit which began shipping to retailers in mid-September. Simply Orange with Mango and Simply Orange with Pineapple, began shipping to retailers in mid-August 2008. In February 2009, Simply Lemonade with Raspberry began shipping to retailers. In January 2012, Simply Cranberry Cocktail and Simply Lemonade with Mango was released. In 2017, the company began shipping Simply Peach and Simply Lemonade with Strawberry. In 2018, the company reduced the size of their 59oz bottles to 52oz, citing rising costs as one of the reasons for the change. The company also launched beverages with fewer calories and less sugar in the same year under the Simply Light brand name.
A list of all of the Simply Orange Juice Company's known products.
- Simply Orange Pulp Free (100% juice)
- Simply Orange Pulp Free with Calcium + Vitamin D
- Simply Orange High Pulp
- Simply Orange Medium Pulp with Calcium + Vitamin D
- Simply Orange Low Acid
- Simply Orange with Mango
- Simply Orange with Pineapple
- Simply Orange with Banana
- Simply Orange with Tangerine
- Simply Lemonade (11% lemon juice)
- Simply Lemonade with Raspberry
- Simply Lemonade with Mango
- Simply Lemonade with Blueberry
- Simply Limeade (12% lime juice)
- Simply Grapefruit (100% juice)
- Simply Apple (100% juice)
- Simply Cranberry Cocktail (27% cranberry juice)
- Simply Fruit Punch (pineapple, cherry, and cranberry, 15% juice)
- Simply Tropical (pineapple, mango, lemon, 15% juice)
- Simply Mixed Berry (cranberry, strawberry, blueberry and raspberry, 10% juice)
- Simply Peach
- Simply Lemonade with Strawberry
- Simply Light Orange
- Simply Light Lemonade
- Simply Watermelon
- Simply Smoothie Strawberry Banana
- Simply Smoothie Mango Pineapple
- Simply Smoothie Orchard Berry
- Simply Almond Unsweetened
- Simply Almond Original
- Simply Almond Vanilla
- Simply Oat Original
- Simply Oat Creamy
- Simply Oat Vanilla
- "Coca-Cola - Brand Fact Sheets". Retrieved 2011-02-27.
- Sadeghi, F. Fred; Moore, Roger Ian; Mayers, Jeffrey A. (2002). "Bottle with closure".
- "Coke Engineers Its Orange Juice---With an Algorithm". Retrieved 2013-02-04.
- "SIMPLY ORANGE JUICE COMPANY EXPANDS OFFERINGS TO INCLUDE SIMPLY ORANGE WITH MANGO AND SIMPLY ORANGE WITH PINEAPPLE". 2008-05-07. Retrieved 2008-06-29.
- "Coca-Cola to expand juice line". Retrieved 2009-02-25.