Simran Kaur Mundi
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
Simran Kaur Mundi at the Escobar Launch 2014
13 September 1988 |
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|Title(s)||Femina Miss India Universe 2008|
|Femina Miss India 2008
Miss Universe 2008
Simran Kaur Mundi is an Indian model and actress who made her acting debut in the Hindi film Jo Hum Chahein in 2011. Prior to that she was a successful model and was crowned Miss India Universe 2008 in Mumbai on 5 April 2008.
Born in Mumbai 13 September 1988, she belongs to a Jat Sikh family from Mundian Jattan, Hoshiarpur, Punjab. She studied for two years in Delhi Public School, Vijaipur, Guna Madhya Pradesh and later completed her schooling from the boarding school Scindia Kanya Vidyalaya, Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh. She completed her Bio-Technology degree from the Holkar College of Science Indore in 2007. After her graduation she moved back to Mumbai and worked with Fame Cinemas in Andheri – as a guest relations executive, where she exclusively managed bookings for professionals from the film and media industry.
While working at Fame Cinemas she got noticed by Bharat and Dorris, one of the top make up artists in show business who encouraged her to participate in the Femina Miss India 2008 pageant. Even without having any formal modelling experience under her belt, she still went on to compete with the country's best and win the title, she was crowned Femina Miss India Universe 2008. She then went on to represent India at the Miss Universe 2008 pageant held at the Diamond Bay Resort in Nha Trang, Vietnam on 13 July 2008, where she placed 1st runner-up in the Beach Beauty Competition, 2nd runner-up in the Evening Gown Contest and 4th in the National Costume Round. Shes in relationship with Gurdas Maan's son Gurickk G Maan (her alleged boyfriend).
Modelling and pageantry
Femina Miss India 2008
Miss Universe 2008
She represented India at Miss Universe 2008 held in Vietnam and placed in various preliminary events, she was one of the top five finalists at the Best in Swimsuit round, placed in the top 5 of Charming Ao-dai round and was the group winner at the national costume award.
After Miss Universe 2008
After winning the Femina Miss India Universe title in 2008, she started modelling professionally. She modeled at the Lakme India Fashion Weeks 2008–2011, Wills India Fashion Weeks 2010, 2011, India Couture Weeks 2008–2010, Dubai Fashion Week, NIFD, NIFT and many others. She also walked the red carpet for the film Outrage at the Cannes film festival in 2010 and also walked the ramp at the Cannes Fashion Paranoia 2010.
She's also done a few commercials where she endorsed Parachute 'Hot Oil' in 2008, apart from doing various other print and commercial campaigns. She worked in a music video for renowned Punjabi music composer and singer Sukshinder Shinda titled "La la la la" from the album Jadoo released on 2 December 2010.
In January 2011 she was seen on Indian Television in the reality game show Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout anchored by Shah Rukh Khan. She won the seventh episode and found her place among the 15 finalists in the final episode. In January 2013 Simran made her debut as a host for the first ever Hockey India League where she anchored matches played all across the country for over a month.
Simran made her acting debut in Bollywood with the film Jo Hum Chahein on 16 December 2011 opposite newcomer Sunny Gill which released to a lukewarm response at the box office but she received positive appreciation for her performance. In July 2013 she made her Punjabi Film debut opposite Punjabi superstar Gippy Grewal and Punjabi musical legend Jazzy Bains in the film Best of Luck, which had the third highest opening day (Rs 7.1 million) and weekend (Rs 22.4 million) for a Punjabi film at the time of release and went on to create a spot amongst the top grossing Punjabi films. In September 2013 Simran made her debut in Tollywood with the film Potugadu opposite Telugu movie star Manoj Manchu which took a blockbuster opening on release.
Her next Bollywood film Kuku Mathur Ki Jhand Ho Gayi produced by Ekta Kapoor's Balaji Motion Pictures and Bejoy Nambiar released on the same day as her Punjabi Film Mundeyan Ton Bachke Rahin on May 30, 2014 and she had to juggle the promotions of both films at the same time.  She was next seen on screen opposite comedian Kapil Sharma who made his acting debut in the film Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon directed by Abbas Mustan.
|2011||Jo Hum Chahein||Neha Kapoor||Sunny Gill||Hindi||Bollywood Debut|
|2013||Best of Luck||Preet||Gippy Grewal & Jazzy Bains||Punjabi||Punjabi Film Debut|
|2013||Potugadu||Vaidehi||Manoj Manchu||Telugu||Tollywood Debut|
|2014||Kuku Mathur Ki Jhand Ho Gayi||Mitali||Siddharth Gupta||Hindi||Produced by Balaji and Bejoy Nambiar|
|2014||Mundeyan Ton Bachke Rahin||Simran||Roshan Prince & Jassi Gill||Punjabi||Nominated for Best Actress at PTC Punjabi Film Awards|
|2015||Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon||Simran||Kapil Sharma||Hindi||Directed by Abbas Mustan|
- "The Times of India – Miss India 2008". The Times of India. 6 April 2008. Retrieved 6 April 2008.
- "Pantaloons Femina Miss India 2008". The Times of India.
- "The Tribune India – Miss India has roots in Doaba". Retrieved 6 June 2008.
- Thakkar, Mehul S (26 November 2011). "Simran Mundi's Ticket to Bollywood". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 26 November 2011.
- "New Love Bird's In Town Maan & Mundi". Punjabi Teshan. 6 August 2015. Retrieved 20 August 2015.
- "Times of India – At The French Riviera". The Times of India. 4 November 2010. Retrieved 4 November 2010.
- Dalal, Sayantan. "Simran Kaur Mundi Explores Argentina". DNA. Retrieved 12 April 2012.
- Grewal, Mehakdeep. "Anchoring Goes Glam with Simran Kaur Mundi". Hindustan Times Chandigarh. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- Nijher, Jaspreet (12 June 2012). "Punjabi Actresses Turning to Punjabi Films". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- Priyadarshani, Elina (11 April 2013). "I'm More Than Just a Visual Treat". Hyderbad Times. Retrieved 11 April 2013.
- Thakkar, Mehul S (8 November 2012). "Ekta Kapoor To Launch Two Newcomers". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 8 November 2012.
- Dubey, Bharti (21 May 2014). "Simran Kaur Mundi in Clash of Dates". Mid-Day. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- Network, Times News (8 November 2014). "Kapil Sharma's Film Goes On Floor". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
|Miss India Universe
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Simran Kaur Mundi.|