Simsbury High School
|Simsbury High School|
|34 Farms Village Rd.
- included on the Newsweek magazine's 2008 top 2400 public schools, as well as earning the top spot among the Farmington Valley School systems
- in the top 6% of all schools nationally- ranked the 300th best secondary school in the country by US News and World Report in 2015 
Simsbury High School offers 33 varsity sports with 72 competitive teams that involve over 1180 individual students. The athletic program has been honored multiple times with the Michaels Achievement Cup for outstanding achievement in athletics in the state of Connecticut. The musicals have been recognized multiple times by the Halo Awards and the performing arts program is very competitive. About 75% of the student body is involved in clubs and activities.
The music program has sent over 20 students to the Northern Region festival in choir, jazz band, band, and orchestra; in 2015, it sent 9 students to all-state in different concentrations and 1 to nationals for choir. Students are also repeatedly selected to perform in OAKE and other national choirs.
- Tri-M Music Honor Society
- Holiday Cabaret (raised over $6K in 2014, over $8K in 2015)
- A Cappella Groups: No Fella A Cappella (girls), Unnaccompanied Minors (boys), Andiamo (mixed)
Simsbury High School offers theatre as an elective as well as extracurriculars including One Acts (directed by seniors), the winter musical, the spring play, and Reader's Theatre. The high school has performed shows such as Beauty and the Beast, The Secret Garden, Peter Pan, Chicago, West Side Story, Les Misérables, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Into the Woods and more.
- Offers International Thespian Society
Simsbury High School was selected as having one of the top 100 outstanding music programs in the United States.
In 2005, the mean SAT score was 1162, out of 1600.
In 2014, the mean SAT score was 1709, out of 2400, which was 11th best in the state. 
- Justin Foley, drummer for metalcore band Killswitch Engage, graduated in 1994.
- Sara Hendershot, member of 2012 United States Olympic Rowing Team (W2-), graduated in 2006.
- Ken Richters, stage actor, playwright, and voice actor, graduated in 1974.
- Jennifer Weiner, author of Good in Bed and In Her Shoes, graduated in 1987.
- "Connecticut Sports Writers' Alliance 65th Gold Key dinner" (PDF). Connecticut Sports Writers' Alliance. p. 7. Retrieved 2009-08-07.
- "Simsbury High School Theater Productions Receive Award Nominations". tribunedigital-thecourant. Retrieved 2016-01-21.
- UGC, Hartford Courant. "Simsbury High Sends Nine to CT All-State Music Festival". Courant Community. Retrieved 2016-01-21.
- "Simsbury High School". GreatSchools Inc. Retrieved 2009-08-08.
- "Where Are the "Best 100 Communities for Music Education" in America?". Yamaha Corporation of America. Retrieved 2009-08-08.
- "CERC Town Profile 2008" (PDF). www.cerc.com. Retrieved 2009-08-08.
- http://www.courant.com/data-desk/hc-connecticut-sat-scores-by-school-20141007-htmlstory.html. Missing or empty