Simulink model of a wind turbine
8.6 (part of R2015b)/ September 3, 2015
|Operating system||Linux, OS X, Microsoft Windows|
Simulink, developed by MathWorks, is a graphical programming environment for modeling, simulating and analyzing multidomain dynamic systems. Its primary interface is a graphical block diagramming tool and a customizable set of block libraries. It offers tight integration with the rest of the MATLAB environment and can either drive MATLAB or be scripted from it. Simulink is widely used in automatic control and digital signal processing for multidomain simulation and Model-Based Design.
MathWorks and other third-party hardware and software products can be used with Simulink. For example, Stateflow extends Simulink with a design environment for developing state machines and flow charts.
MathWorks claims that, coupled with another of their products, Simulink can automatically generate C source code for real-time implementation of systems. As the efficiency and flexibility of the code improves, this is becoming more widely adopted for production systems, in addition to being a tool for embedded system design work because of its flexibility and capacity for quick iteration. Embedded Coder creates code efficient enough for use in embedded systems.
Simulink Real-Time (formerly known as xPC Target), together with x86-based real-time systems, is an environment for simulating and testing Simulink and Stateflow models in real-time on the physical system. Another MathWorks product also supports specific embedded targets. When used with other generic products, Simulink and Stateflow can automatically generate synthesizable VHDL and Verilog.
Simulink Verification and Validation enables systematic verification and validation of models through modeling style checking, requirements traceability and model coverage analysis. Simulink Design Verifier uses formal methods to identify design errors like integer overflow, division by zero and dead logic, and generates test case scenarios for model checking within the Simulink environment.
The systematic testing tool TPT is marketed as a way to perform a formal verification and validation process to stimulate Simulink models but also for use during the development phase where the developer generates inputs to test the system. By the substitution of the Constant and Signal generator blocks of Simulink, MathWorks claim that the stimulation becomes reproducible.
SimEvents is used to add a library of graphical building blocks for modeling queuing systems to the Simulink environment, and to add an event-based simulation engine to the time-based simulation engine in Simulink.
Therefore in simulink any type of simulation can be done and the model can be simulated at any point in this environment.
Different type of blocks can be accessed using the simulink library browser. And therefore the benefit could be taken out from this environment efficiently.
|MATLAB Version||Release name||Simulink version||Year||Notes|
|3.5||1990||Ran on MS-DOS but required at least a 386 processor. Version 3.5m required math coprocessor|
|4||1992||Renamed from Simulab to SIMULINK |
|4.2c||R7||1994||Ran on Windows 3.1. Required a math coprocessor|
|7.5||R2007b||Simulink 7.0||Last release for Windows 2000 and PowerPC Mac.|
|7.8||R2009a||Simulink 7.3||2009||First release for 32-bit & 64-bit Windows 7.|
|7.9||R2009b||Simulink 7.4||First release for Intel 64-bit Mac, and last for Solaris SPARC.|
|7.10||R2010a||Simulink 7.5||2010||Last release for Intel 32-bit Mac.|
|8.6||R2015b||Simulink 8.6||Last release supporting 32-bit Windows|
- "System Requirements and Platform Availability by Product". mathworks.com. Retrieved 15 October 2015.
- "The Successful development process with MATLAB Simulink in the framework of ESA's ATV project" (PDF). Vega Group PLC. Retrieved 2011-11-01.
- "Model Based Design Accelerates the Development of Mechanical Locomotive Controls". sae.org. Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- "Automatic Code Generation - Simulink Coder". mathworks.com. Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- A Software Safety Certification Plug-in for Automated Code Generators: Feasibility Study and Preliminary Design
- BioAge Media. "Green Car Congress: General Motors Developed Two-Mode Hybrid Powertrain With MathWorks Model-Based Design; Cut 24 Months Off Expected Dev Time". greencarcongress.com. Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- Lotus Engineering Develops Control Systems Software to Reduce Diesel Emissions
- A Comparison of Three Code Generators for Models Created in Simulink
- "Multitarget modeling reduces ECU software costs". EETimes. Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- "Code Generation - Embedded Coder - Simulink". mathworks.com. Retrieved 28 June 2015.
- HDL Coder
- Cassandras, Christos (2007-11-27). "Introduction to Discrete-Event Simulation". Springer US. Retrieved 2009-11-03.
- Mathworks. "MatLab & Simulink: Simulink Reference R2015b" (PDF). Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- Mathworks (June 2009). "list of version and release numbers for Simulink". Retrieved December 14, 2010.
- "THE MATHWORKS ANNOUNCES SHIPMENT OF SIMULINK ON MICROSOFT WINDOWS". thefreelibrary.com. Retrieved 28 June 2015.