Sin Dios (English: Godless) was a hardcore/anarcho-punk band from Spain that formed in 1988 in Madrid. Their first gigs were held in squatted houses (in Spanish Casa Okupa). In 1990 they released their first demo "...Ni amo" which contained 13 tracks and took them to their first tour across Spain always playing within autonomous and libertarian surroundings. In 1991 they recorded with another band a split L.P., "Ruido Anticapitalista" (Anticapitalist Noise), produced by the band's Potential Hardcore (alternative label). Since then, they have produced five albums and many eps and compilations. Also been to numerous concert tours across Europe, Latin America and Japan.
On the 30th of July 2006 the band announced that they would "cease its musical activity". The announcement was followed among other things by "TO OUR ENEMIES: WE CONTINUE ON OTHER FRONTS" and by denunciations to the Israeli aggression, American imperialism and the like.
- Ruido Anticapitalista (1991)
- Alerta Antifascista (1993)
- Guerra, A La Guerra (1997)
- Solidaridad (1999)
- Ingobernables (2000)
- Odio Al Imperio (2002)
- Recortes de Libertad(2005)
- "Ni Dios Ni Amo" was an Anarchist motto popularised by the "Mano Negra" (Black Hand) anarchist movement in the Andalusian latifundia from 1881 . It could be roughly translated as Neither God nor Master
- (Spanish) Official site
- (Spanish) Site about band
- (English) Page about Sin dios in English
- Sin Dios discography at MusicBrainz
|This article about a Spanish band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|