From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references (sources). (September 2015)|
|Comune di Sinalunga|
|Frazioni||Bettolle, Farnetella, Guazzino, La Fratta, L'Amorosa, Rigaiolo, Rigomagno, Scrofiano|
|• Mayor||Maurizio Botarelli (since June 2004)|
|• Total||78 km2 (30 sq mi)|
|Elevation||364 m (1,194 ft)|
|• Density||160/km2 (410/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||St. Martin|
|Saint day||November 11|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sinalunga.|
- Collegiata di San Martino (16th century), built from 1568 over the ancient castle. The interior, on the Latin cross, has works by Benvenuto di Giovanni, Il Sodoma and Rutilio Manetti.
- Palazzo Pretorio, built between 1337 and 1346. It was the centre of the civil power in the town, as attested by the podestà and Medici crests on its facade.
- Church of Santa Lucia (erected in 1278), now used as auditorium.
- Church of Santa Croce (15th century). It houses the Wedding of the Virgin by Luca Signorelli.
- Church of San Pietro ad Mensulas, built in the 4th century on a pre-existing Roman edifice, probably the main station on the Via Cassia.
- Church of Santa Maria delle Nevi
|This Tuscany location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|