Sinatra at the Sands
|Sinatra at the Sands|
|Live album by Frank Sinatra|
|Recorded||January and February 1966|
|Genre||Vocal jazz, Classic pop|
|Frank Sinatra chronology|
Sinatra at the Sands is a 1966 live album by Frank Sinatra, accompanied by Count Basie and his orchestra, conducted and arranged by Quincy Jones, recorded live at the Copa Room of the Sands Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas.
It was Sinatra's first live album to be commercially released, and contains many definitive readings of the songs that are most readily associated with Sinatra.
Sinatra and Basie had previously collaborated on 1962's Sinatra-Basie and 1964's It Might As Well Be Swing, with both albums released on Sinatra's Reprise label. "The Tea Break" section of the album contains comic relief by Sinatra, mainly about the drunkenness of Dean Martin and Joe E. Lewis.
The album was remixed and remastered and released in DVD-Audio in high-resolution stereo and multi-channel surround in 2003.
An alternate version of the same show with a slightly different track list was released in November 2006 as part of the box set Sinatra: Vegas.
From the 1998 Warner Bros. Records reissue, 46947
- "Come Fly with Me" (Sammy Cahn, Jimmy Van Heusen) – 3:45
- "I've Got a Crush on You" (George Gershwin, Ira Gershwin) – 2:42
- "I've Got You Under My Skin" (Cole Porter) – 3:43
- "The Shadow of Your Smile" (Johnny Mandel, Paul Francis Webster) – 2:31
- "Street of Dreams" (Victor Young, Sam M. Lewis) – 2:16
- "One for My Baby (and One More for the Road)" (Harold Arlen, Johnny Mercer) – 4:40
- "Fly Me to the Moon" (Bart Howard) – 2:50
- "One O'Clock Jump" (Instrumental) (Count Basie) – 0:53
- "The Tea Break" (Sinatra Monologue) – 11:48
- "You Make Me Feel So Young" (Mack Gordon, Josef Myrow) – 3:21
- "All of Me" (Instrumental) (Gerald Marks, Seymour Simons) – 2:56
- "The September of My Years" (Cahn, Van Heusen) – 2:57
- "Luck Be a Lady" (Frank Loesser) – 4:40 (This bonus track was only available on the remastered 1998 CD and 2003 DVD-Audio releases. It was not part of any other edition, including the original LP as well as the current  in-print CD)
- "Get Me to the Church on Time" (Frederick Loewe, Alan Jay Lerner) – 2:22
- "It Was a Very Good Year" (Ervin Drake) – 4:01
- "Don't Worry 'Bout Me" (Rube Bloom, Ted Koehler) – 3:18
- "Makin' Whoopee" (Walter Donaldson, Gus Kahn) – 4:24
- "Where or When" (Richard Rodgers, Lorenz Hart) – 2:46
- "Angel Eyes" (Earl Brent, Matt Dennis) – 3:26
- "My Kind of Town" (Cahn, Van Heusen) – 3:04
- "A Few Last Words" (Sinatra Monologue) – 2:30
- "My Kind of Town" [reprise] – 1:00
- Quincy Jones – arranger, conductor
- Harry "Sweets" Edison - trumpets
- Al Aarons
- Sonny Cohn
- Wallace Davenport
- Phil Guilbeau
- Al Grey - trombones
- Henderson Chambers
- Grover Mitchell
- Bill Hughes
- Marshal Royal - alto saxophone
- Bobby Plater
- Eric Dixon - tenor saxophone
- Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis
- Charlie Fowlkes - baritone saxophone
- Freddie Green - guitar
- Norman Keenan - double bass
- Sonny Payne - drums
- Sinatra: Vegas (2006) - features an alternate performance.
"Count Basie Live at the Sands (before Frank)" - Reprise Records CD, 1998. - Collection of Count Basie Orchestra instrumentals recorded during the taping of "Sinatra at the Sands".