Sinclair Knight Merz
|Private Limited Company|
|Industry||Strategic consulting, engineering and project delivery|
|Santo Rizzuto, CEO
Peter Scott, Chairman
Number of employees
|7,500 + (2013)|
Sinclair Knight Merz (SKM) was a private Australian company operating across Asia Pacific, the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
In 2013 the company was sanctioned by World Bank for corrupt business practices in Vietnam. Shortly afterward, World Bank and the company reached a settlement, and following that, Jacobs Engineering Group announced its acquisition of SKM late in 2013.
- El Teniente, Chile (engineering and design)
- Hume Highway, Australia (road, bridge, drainage design and environmental management)
- Irrigation Modernisation Project, Victoria, Australia (engineering design and program management))
- The Eden Project (structural and civil design)
- Athens Olympic Stadium (structural design)
- Wembley Stadium redevelopment (seating and roof design)
- Gold Coast desalination plant (engineering and design)
- Port upgrade, Dampier Western Australia (engineering, procurement and construction management)
- The Roundhouse (London) (structural engineering and roof design)
- Project Seabird – Indian naval base (planning, design, civil and construction supervision services)
- Dublin Light Rail system (track, civil, structural and building design)
- Australian Air Warfare Destroyer program (detail design, marine engineering, risk management, infrastructure engineering)
- Albury-Wodonga Hume Freeway bypass (design)
- Central Motorway Junction, Auckland, New Zealand (strategic planning and project delivery)
- Matthews, Christopher M. "World Bank Sanctions Sinclair Knight Merz for Projects". WSJ. Retrieved 2016-11-08.
- "World Bank Group Announces Settlement with Sinclair Knight Merz Management Pty Ltd, Sinclair Knight Merz Holdings Ltd and Sinclair Knight Merz Pty". World Bank. Retrieved 2016-11-08.
- "World Bank reaches settlement with SKM over corruption - KHL Group". www.khl.com. Retrieved 2016-11-08.
- Jacobs Engineering to buy Sinclair Knight Merz for $1.2 billion
- "El Teniente Mine, Engineering of Capacity Upgrade of Level 8 Ore Haulage Railway, Chile=El Teniente Mine". Retrieved 18 December 2009.
- "Hume Highway duplication package". Roads and Traffic Authority NSW. Retrieved 18 December 2009.
- "GMW's FutureFlow wins another Victorian award for Engineering Innovation". Goulburn-Murray Water FutureFlow. Retrieved 18 December 2009.
- "Calling Planet Earth - The Da Vinci Code building has landed". The Eden project. Archived from the original on 27 October 2007. Retrieved 27 November 2007.
- "The Roof Of The Olympic Stadium For The 2004 Athens Olympic Games: from Concept to Implementation" (PDF). Prof. Spiro N. Pollalis, Harvard Design School. Retrieved 27 November 2007.
- "Building Wembley". Wembley Stadium. Retrieved 27 November 2007.
- "The Gold Coast Desalination project". GCD Alliance. Retrieved 27 November 2007.
- "2006 Winners". Engineers Australia WA Division. Archived from the original on 28 October 2007. Retrieved 28 November 2007.
- "Architects and Design team". The Roundhouse. Archived from the original on 18 November 2007. Retrieved 28 November 2007.
- "Project Seabird Shiplift Civil Works - Key Design Issues". Coasts and Ports: Coastal Living - Living Coast; Australasian Conference 2005; Proceedings. Retrieved 28 November 2007.
- "Dublin Luas Light Rail network". railway-technology.com. Retrieved 28 November 2007.
- "SKM Joins Defence Skilling Program". Australian Minister for Defence. Retrieved 28 November 2007.
- "Delivering Better Roads". Australian Road Forum Road News April/May 2007. Retrieved 28 November 2007.
- "CMJ - Timeline". Central Motorway Improvements - Transit NZ. Retrieved 28 November 2007.