Sindal is a town on the island of Vendsyssel-Thy at the top of the Jutland peninsula in northern Denmark. It has a population of 3,066 (1 January 2014) and is located in Hjørring Municipality in Region Nordjylland.
The town's original name was Soldalen (lit. "Sun Valley").
While disputed when the city was founded the earliest records of the city's existence date back to the 18th century, in which the city is described as such "Sindal church close to the town of Sindal with Housing for the preist a railroad and school". The city lends much of its growth in this period to the aforementioned railroad.
- Hjørring municipality's official website (Danish only)
- http://www.goegsigs-pakhus.dk Gøgsigs Pakhus official website (Danish only)
- http://runeberg.org/trap/2-5/0081.html (Danish only)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sindal.|
- Municipal statistics: NetBorger Kommunefakta, delivered from KMD aka Kommunedata (Municipal Data)
- Municipal mergers and neighbors: Eniro new municipalities map
|This Danish location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|