Dr.Sindhu Joy Santimon
Politician, Public Speaker,Star Campaigner,Writer, Academician
|Born||Ernakulam, Kerala India|
Santimon Jacob (m. 2017)
|Alma mater||Maharaja's College University of Kerala|
|Known for||Writing, Political activities|
Sindhu Joy is an Indian politician, writer, columnist, academician and social activist from the state of Kerala. She is known for her fiery speeches was projected as the youth icon of Kerala during her college days. Sindhu was the All India Vice-President of Students' Federation of India and the president of SFI Kerala State committee for three years. She is the only woman to hold such a senior level position in the organisation. Sindhu obtained a PhD in political science from the University of Kerala in 2009.She culminated her studies with a Post doctorate in Political Science from the Kerala University
Sindhu Joy has contested in the Legislative Assembly election as a Left Democratic Front (Kerala) candidate against the then Chief Minister of Kerala Oommen Chandy from the Puthuppally , constituency in 2006. She has also contested in the Parliament elections against K. V. Thomas, a former union minister, in the 2009 Lok Sabha elections from Ernakulam Constituency.
Sindhu was nominated as the first chairperson of Kerala State Youth Commission. She participated in a popular Malayalam reality show in Surya TV named Malayalee House (Malayalam version of Big Brother) and became the first runner up. She is a popular TV anchor, a columnist, and an activist of women.
She is the elder daughter of Late George Joseph Chakkungal (Joy) and Late Laila Joseph Veeramana. Joy Chakkungal was a prominent builder in Ernakulam City. She is married to Santimon Jacob, a British businessman of Indian origin and now settled in the United Kingdom. Santimon Jacob is the president and co-founder of Catholic New Media Network, an independent Catholic initiative that aims to reach out to the ends of the world through the Internet and new media.He was a journalist before his transition as an entrepreneur in London. He reported on the Iraq War in 2003 before joining for Masters in Journalism at Nottingham Trent University. He also served as the CEO of Shalom World Television channel in Rome, chief operating officer of Emsyne Europe, and managing director of Hume Technologies, a co-sourcing company in London. He is the author of a number of books, including An Ideal Formula for Computer Learning, Gospel of God's People in Exile, and Mini-Remembering a Tabernacle. Sindhu Joy has a brother (Vijesh Joy) and a sister (Mary Elizabath).
Educational qualifications and institutions attended
- Schooling - St. Mary's Convent EMHSS,Ernakulam & St. Joseph's Convent EMHSSS, Thrikkakara
- B.A. Political Science - Maharaja's College, Ernakulam
- M.A. Political Science - Maharaja's College, Ernakulam
- B.Ed. - St.Joseph's Training College, Ernakulam
- M.Phil. - Kerala University
- PhD - Kerala University
- Post-Doctoral research - Kerala University
- Post-Graduate Diploma in journalism - Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan Kochi
- Post-Graduate Diploma in computer applications - CHIPS Software Solutions, Ernakulam
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology - Kerala University
- Post-graduate Certificate in Counselling - Kerala University
As an active politician,Dr.Sindhu Joy Joy has held various political positions, including:
- Chairperson, Kerala State Youth Commission.
- National Vice President, Students Federation India.
- President, SFI Kerala State Committee
- District Committee member of CPI(M) Trivandrum
In the field of education, she has held the following positions:
- Syndicate Member, Cochin University of Science and Technology
- Senate Member, University of Kerala (twice)
- Senate Member, M. G. University
- Senate Member, Cochin University of Science and Technology
- Vice-Chairperson, Kerala University Union
- "University of Kerala".
- "SFI office-bearers elected at meet". The Hindu. 13 November 2005.
- Krishnakumar, P. K.; Sanandakumar, S. (25 March 2009). "It is experience Vs youth in Ernakulam". The Economic Times.
- "Sindhu Joy quits as Youth Commission chief".
- "Sindhu Joy weds businessman Santimon Jacob".
- "A PHD after study and struggle".
- "The curious case of highly qualified candidates". 16 March 2009.
- "Kerala has a rush of qualified candidates". The Hindu. 27 March 2009.
- "Sindhu Joy, an Indian National Congress politician and former Chairperson of Kerala State Youth Commission. | Syrian christians, Politicians, Christian".
- "Firebrand Kerala student leader Sindhu Joy quits CPI(M)".
- "Sindhu Joy and Swaraj re-elected". The Hindu. 6 May 2007.