Sindhu Nathi Poo
|Sindhu Nathi Poo|
|Produced by||K. T. Kunjumon|
|Cinematography||A. Karthik Raja|
|Edited by||R. T. Annadurai|
A. R. S. Film International
Sindhu Nathi Poo is a 1994 Tamil drama film directed by Senthamizhan. The film features Ranjith, newcomers Rajakumari, Ravi Shankar and Sanjeev Kumar in lead roles. The film, produced by K. T. Kunjumon, had musical score by Soundaryan and was released on 14 January 1994.
The film begins with the young man Sakthivel (Ranjith) coming back to his village. At his return, he is respected and treated as God by the villagers, they call him Thirukkaval. Thirukkaval still hates his father Chettiar (Jaishankar), stepmother Azhamu (Kavitha), stepbrother and stepsister. The kind-hearted Thirukkaval quickly makes enemies including Munnumunuthan (Vasu Vikram), Kodumudi (Kazan Khan) and his father Chettiar. Meanwhile, Pasupathy (Ravi Shankar) and Chinna Pulla (Rajakumari) fall in love with each other. The affair is soon exposed, so Thirukkaval arranges their wedding. Shortly after, Pasupathy dies in an accident and the villagers blame the innocent Thirukkaval.
In the past, Thirukkaval lived happily with his father Chettiar, his mother Shenbaga Valli and his baby sister Chittu. Chettiar had an affair with Shenbaga Valli's sister Azhamu and Azhamu became pregnant. Unable to bear the situation, Shenbaga Valli killed her baby daughter and committed suicide. The angry Thirukkaval injured his father's foot and run away. He then became a child labourer to make a living.
Chinna Pulla's mother Appayi (Manorama) passes away. Thereafter, Thirukkaval is accused of having an affair with the widow Chinna Pulla. What transpires next forms the rest of the story.
- Ranjith as Thirukkaval (Sakthivel)
- Rajakumari as Chinna Pulla
- Ravi Shankar as Pasupathy
- baby swathi as chittu
- Sanjeev Kumar
- Jaishankar as Chettiar
- Manorama as Appayi
- Kavitha as Azhamu
- Kalpana as Shenbaga Valli (guest appearance)
- Vadivelu as Nadesan
- Vasu Vikram as Munnumunuthan
- Kazan Khan as Kodumudi
- Dhamu as Soori
- Idichapuli Selvaraj as Kuberan
- Pasi Narayanan
- Karuppu Subbiah
- C. K. Saraswathi
- Pasi Sathya
- Loose Mohan
- Peeli Sivam
|Sindhu Nathi Poo|
|Soundtrack album by Soundaryan|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1||'Kuppeyile Nel'||Shahul Hameed||1:40|
|2||'Aalamaram'||Sujatha Mohan, Chorus||2:43|
|3||'Mathalam Kottudhadi'||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Swarnalatha, Loose Mohan||4:54|
|4||'Aathadi Enna Odambu'||Shahul Hameed, Sujatha Mohan||4:31|
|5||'Kadavullum Neeyam'||Unni Menon, S. Janaki||5:11|
|6||'Aathi Vadayile'||K. J. Yesudas, Asha Latha||5:05|
|7||'Adiye Adi Chinnapulla'||Mano, S. Janaki||4:51|
- "Find Tamil Movie Sindhunadhi Poo". jointscene.com. Archived from the original on 2010-06-05. Retrieved 2015-02-19.
- "Filmography of sindhunadhi poo". cinesouth.com. Archived from the original on 2010-06-07. Retrieved 2015-02-19.
- "Sindhunadhi Poo (1994) Tamil Movie". spicyonion.com. Retrieved 2015-02-19.
- "MixRadio — Sindunadhi Poov by Soundaryan". mixrad.io. Retrieved 2015-02-19.
- "Sindunadhi Poov — Hungama". hungama.com. Retrieved 2015-02-19.
- Malini Mannath (1994-01-28). "Poorly crafted". The Indian Express: 6. Retrieved 2014-07-19.