Singapore Fireworks Celebrations
The Singapore Fireworks Celebrations was an annual event held in Singapore as part of its National Day celebrations. It featured several local and foreign teams which launched fireworks displays on different nights.
In 2007, the festival was renamed to Singapore Fireworks Celebrations and had a new organiser Festival Square Circle. The event cost over S$1 million, and featured 130 varieties of fireworks over two days. The event was supported by the Singapore Tourism Board.
The amount of fireworks used grew in magnitude from 4,000 rounds used in 2004 to over 9,000 in 2006.
List of performances and teams
2004 (Marina Bay)
- August 1, 2000 hours - United States
- August 8, 2030 hours - Singapore
- August 15, 2000 hours - Hong Kong
2005 (Marina Bay)
2006 (Marina Bay)
- August 5, 2100 hours - Italy (Dynamic City)
- August 8, 2100 hours - Singapore (Our City of Colours)
- August 11, 2100 hours - New Caledonia (Nature & Mystique / Truly Malanesian)
- August 12, 2100 hours - France (Celebration of Life)
2007 (Marina Bay): The World Celebrates with Singapore
- August 17, 2100 hours - Pirotecnia Igual, Spain
- August 18, 2100 hours - Lidu Fireworks Corporation, China
2008 (Marina Bay): The World Celebrates with Us
- August 22, 2100 hours - Féérie, France (French Romance)
- August 23, 2100 hours- South Korea (Korean Fantasia)
- Shree Ann Mathavan (16 August 2007). "Watch the sky light up". The New Paper.