A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (February 2022)
|Institut Pembelian dan Pengurusan Bahan Singapura (Malay)|
|Focus||Enhance managerial effectiveness of professionals in Logistics, Procurement and Supply Chain sectors|
The Singapore Institute of Purchasing and Materials Management (SIPMM) is a not-for-profit, independent professional organisation founded in 1972 with the aim to enhance managerial effectiveness of professionals in purchasing, logistics, materials and supply chain management. The mission of SIPMM is to lead professional competence in purchasing, materials, logistics, and supply chain management.
In 1975, SIPMM became the first Singapore organisation to be admitted to the International Federation of Purchasing & Supply Management (IFPSM). Since then, the Institute has worked with fellow national affiliates of IFPSM, developing strategic relationship with leading institutes worldwide. In 1980, SIPMM initiated closer cooperation of Asia-Pacific institutes within the IFPSM and became the first institute to host the inaugural IFPSM Asia-Pacific regional conference. Subsequently in 1990, the Institute hosted the IFPSM sixth Asia-Pacific regional conference.
In 1998, SIPMM conducted a pilot survey on the Singapore Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI). The composite index took into account the Singapore’s economic structure. The Singapore PMI was launched in January 1999 and since then, SIPMM has published the monthly index.
- "PMI S'pura berkembang 13 bulan berturut-turut pada September". BERITA. Retrieved 3 Oct 2017.
- "我国制造业连续11个月扩充". 联合早报. Retrieved 11 Aug 2017.
- "School that created S'pore's PMI looking to expand reach overseas". TODAY. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- "Oil & Gas Procurement Leaders Forum Asia 2014". Quest Event. Retrieved 11 Dec 2014.
- "About SIPMM". Singapore Institute of Purchasing and Materials Management. Retrieved 15 June 2016.
- "IFPSM". Retrieved 23 Aug 2017.
- "Logística: La cenicienta de las organizaciones". Retrieved 20 Aug 2017.
- "SIPMM Hosted the 2nd IFPSM Asia-Pacific Regional Conference". Retrieved 21 Aug 2017.
- "Key gauge of economic health due for a checkup". The Business Times. Retrieved 19 April 2008.
- "Singapore PMI". SIPMM Academy. Retrieved 11 March 2016.
- Official website
- Google (15 February 2022). "Driving directions to Singapore Institute of Purchasing and Materials Management" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 15 February 2022.