Singapore Land Authority
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Logo of the SLA
|Formed||June 1, 2001|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Singapore|
|Headquarters||55 Newton Road #12-01 Revenue House Singapore 307987|
|Parent agency||Ministry of Law|
The SLA was formed on 1 June 2001 when the Land Office, Singapore Land Registry, Survey Department and Land Systems Support Unit were merged. As of November 2011, SLA has a staff strength of roughly 550 employees.
Vision, Mission and Values
||This article contains wording that promotes the subject in a subjective manner without imparting real information. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Vision: Limited Land • Unlimited Space
Mission: To optimise land resources for the economic and social development of Singapore. We balance our economic and social needs while:
- ensuring the best use of State land and buildings,
- providing an effective and reliable land management system, including the issuance and guarantee of land titles and geo-spatial demarcation of land, and
- enabling the full use of land information for better land management and creation of new business opportunities.
- Nation First
- People Organisation
- Innovation and Dynamism
- Always Delighting Customers
- Integrity and Professionalism
SLA's focus is on land resource optimization and it has 2 main roles: developmental and regulatory.
In its developmental role, SLA oversees the management of State land and buildings, land sales, leases, acquisitions and allocation, developing and marketing land-related information and maintaining the national land information database.
In its regulatory role, SLA is the national land registration authority and is responsible for the management and maintenance of the national land survey system.
- Singapore Land Authority Official Website
- State Property Information Online
- Singapore Land Companies
|This Singaporean organisation article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|