|Founded||23 May 1968|
|Revenue||S$6,247 million (2013)|
|S$623 million (2013)|
|Owner||Government of Singapore|
Singapore Pools (Private) Limited is a state-owned lottery subsidiary company in Singapore. As a wholly owned subsidiary of the Tote Board, it is the only operator that is legally allowed to run lotteries in Singapore.
Singapore Pools was incorporated on 23 May 1968 to curb illegal gambling in Singapore. It provided Singaporeans with a legal avenue to bet on lotteries, countering the rampant illegal betting syndicates that were present.
Singapore Pools currently operates three lottery games:
- TOTO - a 6 out of 49 lottery drawn on every Monday and Thursday/Friday
- 4D - a 'pick four' lottery drawn on every Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday
- Singapore Sweep - sweepstakes/raffle-style lottery drawn on the first Wednesday of every month
On 29 September 2016, the Ministry of Home Affairs announced that Singapore Pools would be granted an exemption under the Remote Gambling Act 2014, allowing it to offer online and telephone gambling for 4D and TOTO lotteries, football and motor-racing.
- "Appointment of Mr Kaikhushru S. Nargolwala as Chairman of Singapore Pools (Private) Limited". Singapore Pools. 29 June 2021. Retrieved 3 July 2021.
- "Singapore Totalisator Board - Annual Report 2012/2013" (PDF). Tote Board. Archived from the original (PDF) on 5 May 2014. Retrieved 6 May 2014.
- "Information and Historical Facts About the Singapore Lottery". 126.96.36.199 (in Indonesian). 11 May 2021. Retrieved 19 July 2021.
- "Contact Details". Singapore Pools. 5 May 2021. Retrieved 5 May 2021.
- Singapore Pools, Corporate Profile
- "Singapore Pools to be issued Exemption Certificate for Remote Gambling Service". Singapore Pools Website. Retrieved 29 September 2016.