Singapore Raffles Music College
|Type||Tertiary Music College|
6A Woodlands Centre Road
|Colours||Dark Red and White|
|Affiliations||University of West London|
Singapore Raffles Music College (Abbreviation: SRMC; Chinese: 新加坡莱佛士音乐学院; pinyin: Xīnjiāpō Láifoshi Yīnyuè Xuéyuan) is a tertiary music institution in Singapore registered with the Council for Private Education. It was recently awarded the EduTrust Provisional award in 2014, certifying that SRMC has reached high standards in key areas of management and provision of educational services. It enrolled its first students in 2006.
The college's campus is located in north Singapore at 6A Woodlands Centre Road. It offers certificate and diploma courses in Western, Chinese and popular music. Since 2010, SRMC has partnered the University of West London to offer foundation degrees and bachelor's degrees in music.
Academic Departments & Courses
SRMC has three academic faculties, offering a range of diploma and degree courses.
Faculty of Performance
- Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma in Music
- Foundation Degree in Music Performance
- Bachelor's Degrees in Music (Honours): Composition, Music Performance & Recording
- Graduate Diploma in Professional Artiste
Faculty of Management
- Bachelor's Degree in Music Management (Honours)
Faculty of Learning
- IELTS Preparatory Course
- Foundation in Artiste Development
Students study one of the following as their principal study:
- Chinese Orchestral Instruments
- Classical Guitar
- Vocal Studies (Classical, Pop, Folk Music)
- Western Orchestral Instruments–String, Woodwind, Brass, Percussion
Students gain performing experience with ensembles which include Chinese Ensemble, String Ensemble, Jazz Ensemble, Wind Ensemble and Fusion Ensemble. Students also take part in external performances and gigs.
Visits are made by international artistes to give masterclasses, workshops and specialist support.
- Zhang Chi, 2nd runner up of the 2012 Sunsilk Academy Fantasia singing competition 
Notable Faculty Members
- Tan Chan Boon, established Singaporean composer 
- Dr Samuel Wong, PhD in ethnomusicology and Artistic Director of TENG Ensemble
- Benjamin Lim Yi, Singaporean composer and recipient of the Singapore National Arts Council Scholarship in 2013. Composer-in-residence at TENG Ensemble
- Zhu Lin, Erhu II Principal at the Singapore Chinese Orchestra 
- Rueben Lai, Singaporean tenor at the Singapore Lyric Opera
- William Lim, Singaporean baritone with the Singapore Lyric Opera
- Bevlyn Khoo, jazz pop singer songwriter based in Singapore
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-10-31. Retrieved 2014-10-31.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-01-02. Retrieved 2014-10-31.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-01-03. Retrieved 2014-10-31.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)