|Industry||Cloud Computing Provider|
|Headquarters||215 W. Ohio St. 5th Floor|
Chicago, Illinois 60654
|Products||Bare metal servers, public clouds, private clouds, hybrid clouds, IT managed services|
Number of employees
SingleHop LLC. is an IT hosting company and services provider based out of Chicago, Illinois, USA. The company has data centers in Chicago, Arizona, and the Netherlands. SingleHop provides bare metal dedicated servers, public and private clouds, as well as managed services to more than 4,000 clients in 114 countries.
In 2003, Zak Boca and Dan Ushman founded the shared hosting platform midPhase. As midPhase became more successful, both Zak and Dan noticed their customers wanted to grow past the limitations found with shared web hosting. To avoid the limitations found in shared hosting, many customers began to make the move to dedicated server hosting. Unfortunately for Zak and Dan, midPhase did not provide dedicated hosting, nor could the brand expand to include dedicated server hosting. Therefore, in 2006, SingleHop was started as means to give midPhase’s current customers a chance to expand into dedicated servers without moving to a completely new service provider.  A year later, midPhase was sold to UK2 Group, and both Zak and Dan focused on building up SingleHop.
By 2008, the company generated $2.8 million in revenue. In 2011, SingleHop’s revenue jumped to $22 million. In 2012, the company raised $27.5 million from Boston-based Battery Ventures.
SingleHop operates an infrastructure-as-a-service and managed hosting services business model. The company provides a variety of IaaS services, and managed services, both backed by high levels of automation.
Awards and recognition
Inc. Magazine named SingleHop as one of the fastest growing U.S.-based companies in 2010, 2011 and 2012. 
In 2012, the company was ranked #25 on Inc’s list of IT Services Companies and the 25th fastest-growing company in the Chicago Metro Area.
- Hardiman, Nick (June 3, 2013). "Inside an IaaS data center: Providing the brawn for your company's brain". Retrieved December 11, 2012.
- Harris, Derrick (April 25, 2012). "IaaS funding resurfaces as SingleHop raises $27.5M".
- "Interview with Dan Ushman". DoesWhat. August 13, 2011.
- Bredahl, Ditlev (December 21, 2007). "UK2 acquires midPhase". The UK2 Blog.
- Shaivitz, Marla (June 7, 2011). "How To Bootstrap from Zero to Millions; Interview With Dan Ushman Of SingleHop". Tech Cocktail Chicago.
- Ludwig, Sean (April 25, 2012). "Fast-growing cloud infrastructure startup SingleHop grabs $27.5M from Battery".