Single Bullet Theory (band)
Single Bullet Theory
|Also known as||X-Breed|
|Origin||Richmond, Virginia, United States|
The band was founded in 1976 under the name X-Breed; the new moniker was adopted after the addition of a guitarist and bassist to the original three-person lineup. They self-released an EP in 1977 and by 1979 were opening for Patti Smith. After landing a song on the Asylum Sharp Cuts compilation album, they signed with Mike Curb Productions, but left the label before releasing any material. In 1982 they signed to CBS Records subsidiary Nemperor and released a full-length album. The single "Keep it Tight" appeared on MTV and reached #78 on the Billboard Hot 100, A second single "Hang on to your Heart" was test marketed in the United States Virgin Islands and reached #1 but CBS pulled all promotion on the band; the single was never released and the group disbanded shortly after.
- Michael Maurice Garrett - vocals, saxophone, guitar
- Frank Daniel - guitar, bass
- Dennis Madigan - drums
- Gary Alan Holmes - guitar
- Michael Muller - bass - vocals
- Barry Fitzgerald - keyboards
- Davey Wynn - bass
- Mudd Herman - guitar
- Keith MacPhee - bass
- Mark Lewis - guitar
- Band members changed over the years; the final line-up included Garrett/Madigan/Holmes/Muller and Fitzgerald
- Single Bullet Theory EP (Self-released, 1977)
- Single Bullet Theory LP (Nemperor, 1982)
- SBT: 1977-1980 Download Compilation (Free Music Archive, 2010)
- Complete Discography Single Bullet Theory Discography
- Single Bullet Theory: 1970's DIY power-pop vs. the 80's new wave music industry. Free Music Archive.
- Single Bullet Theory at Allmusic
- Joel Whitburn, Top Pop Singles 1955-2008. Record Research, 2009.
- Single Bullet Theory-The Trajectory. ThroTTle magazine (Richmond, Virginia).