The Singleton Argus
The Singleton Argus and Upper Hunter General Advocate began as a weekly newspaper and was first published on 15 July 1874 by John Willis. In September 1874 it was purchased by Thomas Boyce and Henry Pinchin. The title was shortened to The Singleton Argus on 14 July 1880.
- Pogonoski, Reg. C. (1938). "The History of Journalism and Printing in the North of New South Wales". Journal and Proceedings of the Royal Australian Historical Society. 24 (5-6): 425.
- Teale, Ruth. "Boyce, Charles (1835–1917)". Australian Dictionary of Biography. National Centre of Biography. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- "Singleton Argus". State Library of New South Wales. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- "Newspaper Digitisation program". National Library of Australia. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- The Singleton Argus
- The Singleton Argus and Upper Hunter General Advocate (NSW : 1874 - 1880) at Trove
- Singleton Argus (NSW : 1880 - 1954) at Trove
- Press timeline: Select chronology of significant Australian press events to 2011
- The birth of the newspaper in Australia
- Isaacs, Victor, Kirkpatrick, Rod and Russell, John (2004). Australian Newspaper History: A Bibliography
- Isaacs, Victor; Kirkpatrick, Rod, Two hundred years of Sydney newspapers: A short history, Rural Press Ltd