Singrauli Super Thermal Power Station
Super Thermal Power Station
Location of Singrauli
Super Thermal Power Station in Uttar Pradesh
|Location||Shaktinagar, Uttar Pradesh|
|Thermal power station|
|Units operational||Stage - I: 5x 200 MW
Stage -II: 2x 500 MW
Solar PV: 15 MW
|Nameplate capacity||2015 MW|
Singrauli Super Thermal Power Plant is located at Shaktinagar in Sonebhadra district in Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. The power plant is the first power plant of NTPC. It sources coal from Jayant and Bina mines and water from Rihand Reservoir. The states benefitting from this power plant are Uttar Pradesh, Uttranchal, Rajasthan, Punjab, Haryana, Jammu & Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh and the Union Territories of Delhi and Chandigarh. An investment worth ₹11,907 million (US$180 million) has already been cleared. It even gets international assistance from IDA.
The unit wise capacity and other details are as follows.
|Stage||Unit Number||Installed Capacity (MW)||Date of Commissioning|
|Type||Installed Capacity (MW)||Date of Commissioning|
|Solar PV||15||2014 December|
- "NTPC in Singrauli Region". Retrieved 26 June 2016.
- List of NTPC owned Coal based power plants (in order of date of commission)
- History of NTPC
- NTPC Singrauli Details
- "Singrauli CW Discharge". Retrieved 26 June 2016.
- "NTPC Ltd commissions 15 MW Solar PV Power Station at Singrauli". Equity Bulls. 4 January 2015. Retrieved 26 June 2016.
- "Renewable Energy & Distributed Generation". Retrieved 26 June 2016.
- "Hydro Based Power Projects". Retrieved 26 June 2016.