|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Singularity Summit is the annual conference of the Machine Intelligence Research Institute. It was started in 2006 at Stanford University by Ray Kurzweil, Eliezer Yudkowsky, and Peter Thiel, and the subsequent summits in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 have been held in San Francisco, San Jose, New York, San Francisco, and New York, respectively. Some speakers have included Sebastian Thrun, Sam Adams, Rodney Brooks, Barney Pell, Marshall Brain, Justin Rattner, Peter Diamandis, Stephen Wolfram, Gregory Benford, Robin Hanson, Anders Sandberg, Juergen Schmidhuber, Aubrey de Grey, Max Tegmark, and Michael Shermer.
There have also been spinoff conferences in Melbourne, Australia in 2010, 2011 and 2012. Previous speakers include David Chalmers, Lawrence Krauss, Gregory Benford, Ben Goertzel, Steve Omohundro, Hugo de Garis, Marcus Hutter, Mark Pesce, Stelarc and Randal A. Koene.
The first Singularity Summit took place in 2006 at Stanford University.
Nick Bostrom, Todd Davies, Cory Doctorow, K. Eric Drexler, Tyler Emerson, Douglas Hofstadter, Ray Kurzweil, Bill McKibben, Max More, Christine Peterson, John Smart, Peter Thiel, Sebastian Thrun, Eliezer Yudkowsky.
The second Singularity Summit took place in 2007 in San Francisco.
Sam Adams, Rodney Brooks, Jamais Cascio, Tyler Emerson, Ben Goertzel, J. Storrs Hall, Charles L. Harper Jr, James Hughes, Neil Jacobstein, Steve Jurvetson, Ray Kurzweil, Peter Norvig, Stephen M. Omohundro, Barney Pell, Christine L. Peterson, Paul Saffo, Peter Thiel, Peter Voss, Wendell Wallach, Eliezer Yudkowsky
The 2008 Singularity Summit took place in San Jose
Eric Baum, Marshall Brain, Cynthia Breazeal, Peter Diamandis, Esther Dyson, Pete Estep, Neil Gershenfeld, Ben Goertzel, John Horgan, Ray Kurzweil, Jame Miller, Dharmendra Modha, Bob Pisani, Justin Rattner, Nova Spivack, Vernor Vinge, Glen Zorpette
The 2009 Singularity Summit took place in New York
Itamar Arel, Gregory Benford, Ed Boyden, David Chalmers, Aubrey de Grey, Gary Drescher, Ben Goertzel, Stuart Hameroff, Robin Hanson, Marcus Hutter, Randal Koene, Ray Kurzweil, Gary Marcus, Bela Nagy, Michael Nielsen, Anna Salamon, Anders Sandberg, Jurgen Schmidhuber, Brad Templeton, Peter Thiel, Michael Vassar, Gary Wolf, Stephen Wolfram, Eliezer Yudkowsky
The 2010 Singularity Summit took place in San Francisco
Lance Becker, Dennis Bray, Ben Goertzel, David Hanson, Demis Hassabis, Ellen Heber-Katz, Ray Kurzweil, Shane Legg, Brian Litt, Steven Mann, Ramez Naam, Irene Pepperberg, James Randi, Terry Sejnowski, Mandayam Srinivasan, Gregory Stock, John Tooby, Michael Vassar, Eliezer Yudkowsky
The 2011 Singularity Summit took place in New York on October 15 and 16, 2011
Sonia Arrison, Stephen Badylak, David Brin, Scott Brown, Dan Cerutti, Tyler Cowen, Riley Crane, David Ferrucci, Dileep George, Dmitry Itskov, Ken Jennings, Christof Koch, Ray Kurzweil, John Mauldin, Sharon Bertsch McGrayne, James McLurkin, Michael Shermer, Jason Silva, Jaan Tallinn, Max Tegmark, Peter Thiel, Alexander Wissner-Gross, Stephen Wolfram, Michael Vassar, Eliezer Yudkowsky
The 2012 Singularity Summit took place on October 13-14, at Nob Hill Masonic Center, San Francisco.
Stuart Armstrong, Linda Avey, Laura Deming, Julia Galef, Temple Grandin, Robin Hanson, Daniel Kahneman, James Koppel, Ray Kurzweil, Nathan Labenz, Melanie Mitchell, Luke Muehlhauser, Peter Norvig, Christopher Olah, Steven Pinker, Noor Siddiqui, Jaan Tallinn, Vernor Vinge, John Wilbanks, Carl Zimmer
- Abate, Tony (May 12, 2006). "Smarter than thou? Stanford conference ponders a brave new world with machines more powerful than their creators". San Francisco Chronicle. p. D1. Retrieved March 10, 2012.
- Taylor, Chris (June 14, 2006). "Readying a radical business plan". Business 2.0 Magazine (CNN). Retrieved March 10, 2012.
- Machine Intelligence Research Institute (MIRI) Singularity Summit Speakers: 2006 to 2012
- Grossman, Wendy M. (November 12, 2008). "Intel's Rattner says the machines will get us in the end". The Inquirer. Retrieved March 10, 2012.
- Kleffel, Rick (December 2, 2007). "Artificial Intelligence Enters Brave New World". npr.org. Retrieved March 10, 2012.
- Wohlsen, Marcus (September 9, 2007). "What will happen when machines outthink us?". MSNBC (The Associated Press). Retrieved March 10, 2012.
- Official website
- The Singularity Summit at Stanford, 2006
- The Singularity Summit Australia, 2012
- The Singularity Summit Australia, 2011
- The Singularity Summit Australia, 2010
|This artificial intelligence-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|