|Born||1 September 1977|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, composer, teacher|
|Years active||Since 2003|
Sinne Eeg has received a number of recognitions and positive reviews both nationally and internationally, and is considered among the best female jazz vocalists currently in Scandinavia. She has composed many of her own songs, and although she usually sings in English, she has also performed and recorded songs in Danish.
Sinne Eeg has won the Danish Music Awards prize in the category Best Danish Vocal Jazz Album of the Year three times: in 2007, 2010 and 2014, for her albums Waiting for Dawn, Don't Be So Blue and Face the Music. She also received the Ben Webster Prize on 28 March 2014. The Webster Foundation describes her as "a true jazz singer, who both shows sensitivity, improvisational skills, maturity, broad range and timing in her singing.".
Sinne Eeg was admitted at the Academy of Music in Esbjerg in 1997, from where she graduated in 2003. As part of her musical studies, Sinne have studied with American singer Janet Lawson in New York.
Eeg has toured Europe, Japan, China and the United States. The 26th of January in 2012, she sang in Brussels, accompanied by the Danish Radio Big Band, at the celebration for the beginning of the Danish Presidency of the Council of the European Union. In Denmark, she regularly performs at the jazz venue of La Fontaine in Copenhagen.
|2007||Waiting for Dawn||Calibrated (Cope)||–||DMA 2007|
|2008||Kun en drøm||Red Dot/EMI||–||Released with English lyrics as "Remembering You"|
|2009||Remembering You||Red Dot/EMI||–|
|2010||Don't Be So Blue||Red Dot/EMI||–||DMA 2010|
|2012||The Beauty of Sadness||Sinne Music/VME||–|
|2014||Face the Music||Stunt (Sundance)||31||DMA 2014, Prix du Jazz Vocal 2014|
|2005||Abrikostræet||Cope||–||With Mads Vinding and Lise Marie Nedergaard (writer, storyteller)|
|2009||Merry Christmas Baby||Red Dot ||–||With Bobo Moreno (singer) and DR Big Band|
|2015||Eeg - Fonnesbæk||Stunt ||–||With bassist Thomas Fonnesbæk|
|2015||The Best Of||Master Music Ltd ||–|
Amongst Eegs most notable awards are:
- 2007: Vocal Jazz Album of the Year, Danish Music Awards
- 2010: Vocal Jazz Album of the Year, Danish Music Awards
- 2014: Vocal Jazz Album of the Year, Danish Music Awards
- 2014: Ben Webster Prize
- 2014: Prix du Jazz Vocal, Académie du jazz, Face the Music
- Sarah Kott (19 May 2008). "Ungt talent nomineret til jazzpris". Jyllandsposten. Retrieved 3 November 2009. (in Danish)
- Alexander Agrell (1 July 2009). "Russinen i jazzkakan". Sydsvenskan. Retrieved 3 November 2009. (in Swedish)
- Kerstin Rickert (2009-04-28). "Charmant und natürlich". Mindener Tageblatt. Retrieved 3 November 2009. (in German)
- Don Heckman (13 January 2013). "Live Jazz: Sinne Eeg Upstairs at Vitello's". the International review of Music (iRoM). Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- Gitte Korsgaard (2008-05-27). "Byen bliver til jazz". Jyllandsposten. Retrieved 3 November 2009. (in Danish)
- "The winners of the Danish Music Awards Jazz 2014". jazzdanmark.dk. Jazz Danmark. 24 November 2014. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "Sinne Eeg receives the Ben Webster Prize 2014". benwebster.dk. The Ben Webster Foundation. 28 March 2014. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- Now known as Syddansk Musikkonservatorium (SDMK).
- Robin Skjoldborg (8 May 2009). "Sinne Eeg om musikuddannelserne ved konservatorierne [Sinne Eeg about musical educations at the conservatories]". gaffa.dk (in Danish). Gaffa. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "Sinne Eeg - singer and composer" (PDF). sinnemusic.com (in Danish). Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- Peter Schollert (8 April 2014). "Danmarks nye unge jazzhåb". Jyllandsposten. Retrieved 3 November 2009. (in Danish)
- La Fontaine Official homepage}
- "Sinne Eeg discography". danishcharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- "Sinne Eeg - Kun En Drøm". reddotmusic.net. Red Dot Music. 1 July 2008. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "Sinne Eeg - Remembering You". reddotmusic.net. Red Dot Music. 3 March 2009. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "Sinne Eeg - Don't be so blue". reddotmusic.net. Red Dot Music. 22 March 2010. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- Morrison, Allen (February 2018). "The Company Vocalists Keep". DownBeat. Elmhurst, Illinois.
- Mads Vinding. "Abrikostræet". allmusic.com. AllMusic. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- "DR Big Band v/Sinne Eeg, Bobo Moreno". reddotmusic.net. Red Dot Music. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "Sinne Eeg & Thomas Fonnesbæk" (PDF). sundance.dk. Stunt Records (Sundance). 13 April 2015. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "Sinne Eeg – The Best Of". Discogs.com. Retrieved 20 February 2017.
- "Palmarès 2014" (in French). Académie du jazz. Retrieved 21 July 2015.