Sioux City Explorers
|Sioux City Explorers|
|League||American Association (Central Division)|
|Location||Sioux City, Iowa|
|Ballpark||Lewis and Clark Park|
|Colors||Black, red, white, vegas gold
|General Manager||Shane Tritz|
The Sioux City Explorers are a professional baseball team based in Sioux City, Iowa, in the United States. The Explorers are a member of the Central Division of the American Association of Independent Professional Baseball, which is not affiliated with Major League Baseball. From their inception in 1993 to the present, the Explorers have played their home games at Lewis and Clark Park.
The Explorers, frequently called the X's, have played in the American Association since 2006. Previously, they were members of the Northern League.
Sioux City Explorers roster
|Active (22-man) roster||Coaches/Other|
|Sioux City Explorers (2010-2014) |
|Season||W - L Record||Winning Percentage||Finish||Playoffs|
|2010||49-47||.510||4th in North Division||Did not qualify for playoffs|
|2011||51-49||.510||3rd in Central Division||Did not qualify for playoffs|
|2012||45-55||.450||4th in Central Division||Did not qualify for playoffs|
|2013||38-62||.380||5th in Central Division||Did not qualify for playoffs|
|2014||47-53||.470||4th in Central Division||Did not qualify for playoffs|
|2015*||75-25||.750||1st in Central Division||Defeated St. Paul, 3-1 in first round, Lost Championship to Laredo Lemurs 1-3|
- 1994 season: Lost to Winnipeg 3-1 in championship.
- 1999 season: Lost to Winnipeg 3-0 in semifinals.
- 2002 season: Defeated Joliet 3-2 in quarterfinals; lost to Winnipeg 3-1 in semifinals.
- 2008 season: Lost to Sioux Falls 3-0 in semifinals.
- 2015 season: Defeated St. Paul 3-1 in semifinals; lost to Laredo 3-1 in championship.
- KMEG sports coverage
- aabfan.com - yearly league standings & awards (American Association)
- nlfan.com - yearly league standings & awards (Northern League)
- Official Site
- nlfan.com Sioux City Explorers' Guide (Northern League '93-'05)
- aabfan.com Sioux City Explorers' Guide (American Association '06-)
- http://www.kmeg14.com/news/sports (KMEG-14)