Sioux Lookout Airport
|Sioux Lookout Airport|
|Operator||Municipality of Sioux Lookout|
|Location||Sioux Lookout, Ontario|
|Time zone||CST (UTC−06:00)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC−05:00)|
|Elevation AMSL||1,257 ft / 383 m|
Sioux Lookout Airport (IATA: YXL, ICAO: CYXL) is a regional airport based in Sioux Lookout, Ontario, Canada. The airport opened in 1933. It was, at the time, the second busiest airport in North America next to Chicago Midway International Airport. Today, the airport is a "mini-hub" facilitating travel to and from many northern communities in Northwestern Ontario.
Airlines and destinations
- Ornge Air operating Pilatus PC-12 aircraft in Medevac configuration.
- SkyCare Air Ambulance operating Medevac and charter operations.
- Wasaya Airways maintenance facility.
- Bearskin Airlines maintenance facility.
- Northern Skies Air Service operating charters with Piper Chieftains.
- Slate Falls Airways scheduled and charter services.
- Sioux Lookout Airport official site
- Past three hours METARs, SPECI and current TAFs for Sioux Lookout Airport from Nav Canada as available.
|This article about an airport in Ontario is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|