Sir Alexander Don, 5th Baronet
Alexander succeeded to the title of 5th Baronet on 2 October 1776. In 1778 Sir Alexander was promoted to the rank of captain in the Southern Fencibles. On 21 April 1795 he was commissioned to Colonel of the newly formed Berwickshire Regiment (a fencibles cavalry regiment). He died on 5 June 1815.
- Elizabeth (died 12 June 1795)
- Mary (died 12 June 1795)
- Alexander (1779–1826), his heir and the 6th baronet.
- British War Office (22 June 1797), List of the officers of the several regiments and corps of fencible cavalry and infantry: of the officers of the militia [etc.] (5 ed.), p. 1 (contents).
- Lundy, Darryl (10 Mar 2011), Sir Alexander Don of Newton Don, 5th Bt., The Peerage, p. 32649 § 326484
- Mosley, Charles, ed. (2003), Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage; 107th, 3 volumes, 1, Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books), p. 1165
|This Scottish biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|