Sir Edmund Hillary Collegiate
|Sir Edmund Hillary Collegiate|
|2 Franklyne Road, Otara|
|Type||State co-ed secondary (Year 9-13), intermediate and contributing|
|Motto||Towards Far Horizons|
|Ministry of Education Institution no.||97|
|School roll||511 (senior school) (July 2016)|
There are three distinct schools on the one campus. The Ministry of Education institution number for the senior school is 588. The numbers for the intermediate and junior schools are 1217  and 1251.
On 29 January 2009, Education Minister Anne Tolley sacked the board of trustees at the collegiate, following an Education Review Office report and claims of teachers physically and verbally abusing students within the Middle and Senior schools.
Since this the school re-elected a new board of trustees and moved on. The sports teams are performing well as can be seen on the school's website below. The school is also featuring in some press outlets e.g. The Manukau Courier.
ERO report for the senior school can be found here.
- "Directory of Schools - as at 2 August 2016". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 2016-08-16.
- "Decile Change 2014 to 2015 for State & State Integrated Schools". Ministry of Education. Retrieved 12 February 2015.
- "Sir Edmund Hillary Collegiate Middle School". Education Review Office. 4 May 2010. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- "Sir Edmund Hillary Collegiate Junior School". Education Review Office. 23 May 2012. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- "Hillary College board sacked". New Zealand Herald. 29 January 2009. Retrieved 29 January 2009.
- Adrian Evans. "US art activist inspires teachers". Stuff.co.nz. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
|This New Zealand school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|