Sir Ganga Ram Hospital (India)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital is a 675-bed multi-speciality hospital in Rajendra Nagar, Delhi. It provides comprehensive medical services to patients from all over Southeast Asia. The hospital's Minimal Access Surgery department was the first such department in South Asia.
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital received the Award for "Economic Times Best Healthcare brand for Multi-speciality Hospitals in India" that was presented by J.P.Nadda, the Union Health Minister of Government of India on 26 June 2016.
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital also provides training to young doctors under the Diplomate in national Board(DNB) program. The DNB program at the hospital was started in 1984 and currently runs the maximum number of DNB specialties in the country.
The original hospital was first founded in 1921 at Lahore, India (now Pakistan) by Sir Ganga Ram (1851-1927), a civil engineer and leading philanthropist of his times. Following WWII and after the Partition of India in 1947, this second hospital was established in New Delhi on a plot of land approximately 11 acres. The foundation was laid in April 1951 by the then Prime Minister of India Shri Jawahar Lal Nehru and was inaugurated by him on 13 April 1954.
The hospital nearly closed due to lack of funds in the 1970s. It was restructured by Dr. K.C. Mahajan, one of New Delhi's notable general surgeons, in 1981. As chairman of the Board of Management, Dr. Mahajan revised the financial and functional structure of the hospital. He still serves as an Emeritus Consultant in the hospital's department of general surgery. The lesson learned in 1970s changed the hospital focus from being service oriented to being profitable with high quality canteen service
- "'We feel proud that we have created an excellent medical and para-medical manpower to serve the nation'". The Financial Express. 2016-06-09. Retrieved 2016-06-26.
- "Microbiologists". 2016-06-23. Retrieved 2016-06-26.
- "Child with structural defect gets help". The Hindu. 2016-06-15. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2016-06-26.
- Nationalinfo (2016-06-14). "Sir Ganga Ram Hospital". national info. Retrieved 2016-06-26.
- "MedikReview: W Pratiksha hospital". www.medikreview.com. Retrieved 2017-02-11.
- "Expert Talk - Dr KC Mahajan » DoctorNDTV ....for the better health of Indians". doctor.ndtv.com. Retrieved 2016-06-26.