Sir George Hill, 2nd Baronet
Sir George FitzGerald Hill, 2nd Baronet (1 June 1763 – 8 March 1839) was an Irish politician.
Family and early life
He was the oldest son of Sir Hugh Hill, 1st Baronet of Brook Hall, County Londonderry, who had been a member of the Parliament of Ireland for Londonderry City from 1768 to 1795. His mother Hannah was a daughter of John McClintock,
Hill was educated in Londonderry and at Trinity College, Dublin. He then studied at Lincoln's Inn and was called to the bar in Ireland in 1786. In 1788, he married Jane Beresford, daughter of Hon. John Beresford (son of the Marcus Beresford, 1st Earl of Tyrone), who was President of the Irish Board of Revenue).
- Leigh Rayment's list of baronets – Baronetcies beginning with "H" (part 3)
- Simpson, J. M. (2009). D.R. Fisher (ed.). "HILL, Sir George Fitzgerald, 2nd bt. (1763-1839), of Brook Hall, co. Londonderry". The History of Parliament: the House of Commons 1820-1832. Cambridge University Press. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- "Biographies of Members of the Irish Parliament 1692-1800: Hill, Hugh". Ulster Historical Foundation. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- "Tyrone, Earl of (I, 1746)", Cracroft's Peerage, retrieved 5 July 2014
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Sir George Hill