Sir Hugh Paterson, 1st Baronet
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Died||21 Dec 1701|
|Known for||Baronet of Bannockburn|
|Spouse(s)||Barbara Ruthven (born 1663)|
|Children||Elizabeth Paterson, Katherine Paterson (born 1683), Hugh Paterson (born 1685), John Paterson (born 1687), Robert Paterson (born 1688), Mary Paterson (born 1691), James Paterson (born 1692), Alexander Paterson (born 1694), Barabara Paterson (born 1695)|
Sir Hugh Paterson, 1st Baronet, was a Scottish landowner. He born in or around the year 1659.
Sir Hugh's father had acquired the Bannockburn estate from Andrew Rollo, 11th Laird of Duncrub and 3rd Lord Rollo. Paterson built much of the current house, and it is little changed since his time.
The Patersons were staunch Royalists and James VII gave Hugh the title of Baronet of Bannockburn. After Hugh Paterson's death on 21 December 1701, his son, the Second Baronet attainted his Baronetcy by being an open and fierce Jacobite, but he lived on at Bannockburn House.
- The Complete Baronetage, London, 1983., Cokayne, George Edward, Reference: IV 342
- "Bannockburn House, Bannockburn | Buildings at Risk Register for Scotland". buildingsatrisk.org.uk. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- "baronetage/baronetsP1". leighrayment.com. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- Kybert, Susan Maclean (1988). Bonnie Prince Charlie:An Autobiography. London: Unwin. p. 186.
- "The families of Bannockburn House | Bannockburn Scotland Community Website,Bannockburn 2014". bannockburn.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-04-02.