Sir Jack Harris, 2nd Baronet
Sir Jack Wolfred Ashford Harris, 2nd Baronet (23 July 1906 – 26 August 2009) was a New Zealand businessman, and the second baronet of the Harris Baronetcy of Bethnal Green, County of London which was created for his father Sir Percy Harris (1876-1952) in 1932. Frieda Harris was his mother. He succeeded to the title in 1952.
He was Chief Executive (1936-1970) of Bing, Harris and Co, a New Zealand general importing and exporting company established in 1858 by his grandfather Wolf Harris (1858-1926). Sir Jack later lived in Waikanae near Wellington. He died aged 103 on 26 August 2009 at a rest home in the suburb of Whitby in Porirua.
- Memoirs of a Century by Sir Jack Harris (2007, Steele Roberts) ISBN 978-1-877448-04-1
- Obituary in Dominion Post of 5 September 2009 page B6
- Burke’s Peerage, Baronetage and Knightage, page 1077-8 (1959, 102nd edition)
- Who’s Who in New Zealand (1991, 12th edition)
- Photo from Dominion Post on his 103rd birthday
|Baronetage of the United Kingdom|
1952 – 2009
|This business-related New Zealand biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|