Sir John Heathcote, 2nd Baronet
Heathcote was the son of Sir Gilbert Heathcote, 1st Baronet, Lord Mayor of London, and Hester, daughter of Christopher Rayner. He was elected Member of Parliament for Grantham in 1715, a seat he held until 1722, and later represented Bodmin from 1733 to 1741. Heathcote married Bridget White (d. 5 May 1772), daughter of Thomas White, in 1720. They had four children:
- Gilbert Heathcote, 3rd Baronet (d. 2 November 1785), married firstly Margaret Hardwicke (d. 10 August 1796), married secondly Elizabeth Hudson (d. 14 July 1813).
- John Heathcote (d. 29 July 1795) married Lydia Moyer (d. 14 August 1822), they had two children.
- Bridget Heathcote (d. 2 March 1805) married James Douglas 14th Earl of Morton.
- Ann Heathcote married Sir Robert Hamilton 4th Baronet
- thepeerage.com Sir John Heathcote, 2nd Bt.
- "HEATHCOTE, John (c.1689-1759), of Normanton, Rutland". History of Parliament Online. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
|Parliament of Great Britain|
Sir John Thorold, Bt
Sir John Brownlow, Bt
| Member of Parliament for Grantham
With: Edward Rolt
The Viscount Tyrconnel
| Member of Parliament for Bodmin
With: John LaRoche
|Baronetage of Great Britain|
(of the City of London)