|Sir Charles Mander, 4th Baronet|
|Born||Charles Nicholas Mander|
23 March 1950 (age 68)
Wolverhampton, Staffordshire, England
Karin Margareta (m. 1972)
Sir Charles Nicholas Mander, 4th Baronet (born 23 March 1950) is a British baronet.
He is the elder son of Charles Marcus Mander, 3rd baronet of The Mount, by Maria Dolores (d. 2007), née Brödermann, of Hamburg, whom he succeeded in 2006. He was educated at Downside School, Trinity College, Cambridge (senior scholar), and Grenoble University. He is a Knight of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta and of the Sacred Military Constantinian Order of Saint George, and a Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries.
He has lived at Owlpen Manor in Gloucestershire since 1974, where he manages the historic estate. He was co-founder of Mander Portman Woodward, a group of independent sixth-form colleges based in London, and of Sutton Publishing in Gloucester. He is the author of Varnished Leaves, a history of the Mander family (2004), and Country Houses of the Cotswolds (Aurum Press, 2008; Rizzoli, 2009). He has served as a company director of a number of companies in the UK and Spain, and is involved in many charitable and voluntary organisations.
- Charles Marcus Septimus Gustav Mander (born 1975), heir apparent to the baronetcy, barrister of the Middle Temple. He married Claire Wylie, by whom he has one son and three daughters.
- Benedict Edward Arthur Mander (born 1977), journalist with the Financial Times. He married Valentina Dorronsoro of Caracas, Venezuela and has one son.
- Hugo Richard Theodore (born 1981). He married Ciara Campfield and has two sons.
- Fabian Edmund Quintin (born 1987). He married Amy Koller.
- Sarra Maryam (born 1973). She married Stephen Earl and has two sons and one daughter.
Sir Nicholas Mander briefly appeared in the 2017 movie "The Phantom Thread" as Lord Baltimore.
- Sir Geoffrey Le Mesurier Mander (ed), The History of Mander Brothers (Wolverhampton, n.d. )
- C. Nicholas Mander, Varnished Leaves: a biography of the Mander Family of Wolverhampton, 1750-1950 (Owlpen Press, 2004)
- Burke's Peerage and Baronetage
|Baronetage of the United Kingdom|
Charles Marcus Mander
(of The Mount)
- Sir Nicholas and Lady Mander
- Brief history of the Mander family
- Mander family genealogy
- Mander Brothers