Sir Orlando Bridgeman, 4th Baronet
Born in Blodwell in Shropshire, he was the oldest son of Sir John Bridgeman, 3rd Baronet and his wife Ursula, daughter of Roger Matthews. Bridgeman was educated at New College, Oxford and in 1713, he was called to the bar by the Inner Temple. In 1723, he entered the British House of Commons, sitting for Shrewsbury in the next four years. He succeeded his father as baronet on the latter's death in 1747.
On 8 April 1719, Bridgeman married Anne Newport, third daughter of Richard Newport, 2nd Earl of Bradford. They had three sons and two daughters. His wife died in 1752 and Bridgeman survived her until 1764, aged 69; both were buried at Weston Park in the county of Staffordshire. His oldest son having predeceased him, he was succeeded in the baronetcy by his second son Henry, who later was raised to the peerage as Baron Bradford.
- "Leigh Rayment - Baronetage". Retrieved 19 December 2009.
- Cokayne, George Edward (1903). The Complete Baronetage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom. vol. III. Exeter: William Pollard and Co. Ltd. p. 27.
- "Leigh Rayment - British House of Commons, Shrewsbury". Retrieved 20 December 2009.
- Kimber, Edward (1771). Richard Johnson, ed. The Baronetage of England: Containing a Genealogical and Historical Account of All the English Baronets. vol. II. London: Thomas Wotton. p. 9.
- Lodge, Edmund (1838). The Genealogy of the Existing British Peerage (6th ed.). London: Saunder and Otley. p. 59.
- "ThePeerage - Sir Orlando Bridgeman, 4th Bt". Retrieved 1 December 2006.
|Parliament of Great Britain|
|Member of Parliament for Shrewsbury
With: Sir Richard Corbet
Sir John Astley
|Baronetage of England|
(of Great Lever)