Sir Oswald Mosley, 4th Baronet
Mosley was born in Staffordshire in 1848 the eldest son of Sir Tonman Mosley, 3rd Baronet, of Ancoats (9 July 1813 – 28 April 1890), who succeeded to the title of 3rd Baronet Mosley, of Ancoats, on 24 May 1871, and wife Catherine Wood (died 22 April 1891), daughter of The Reverend John Wood of Swanwick, Derbyshire and Emily Susanna Bellairs (daughter of Abel Walford Bellairs and Susannah Lowley). His younger brother was Tonman Mosley, 1st Baron Anslow. His paternal grandparents were Sir Oswald Mosley, 2nd Baronet, of Ancoats, and Sophia Annie Every.
He was educated at Eton, and went on to own around 3,800 acres (15 km2) of land. His residences included Rolleston Hall in Rolleston on Dove and he was engaged in farming and cattle breeding. He succeeded the baronetcy on 28 April 1890.
Marriage and issue
He married Elizabeth Constance White (b. abt. 1852, d. 13 November 1938), daughter of Sir William White, in the first quarter of 1873 in Marylebone District, London. Their son Sir Oswald Mosley, 5th Baronet, of Ancoats (29 December 1873 – 21 September 1928) married Katharine Maud Edwards-Heathcote (1874 – 1950), the second child of Captain Justinian Edwards-Heathcote of Market Drayton, Shropshire; their son was the Fascist politician Sir Oswald Mosley, 6th Baronet. Their daughter Constance Mosley (Montagu Square, London, 25 April 1881 - Westminster, London, 1963), married as his second wife on 11 March 1907 Charles Fitzroy Ponsonby McNeill (Warmsworth, Yorkshire, 9 December 1866 – 22 November 1955), son of Captain Duncan McNeill and Fanny Charlotte Emma Talbot (married firstly on 31 January 1891 to Lady Hilda Maud Rous, daughter of John Edward Cornwallis Rous, 2nd Earl of Stradbroke and Augusta Musgrave, by whom he had a son and a daughter), and had one daughter.
- ‘MOSLEY, Sir Oswald’, Who Was Who, A & C Black, 1920–2008; online edn, Oxford University Press, Dec 2007
- Ancestry.com. England, Select Births and Christenings, 1538-1975 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2014. Original data: England, Births and Christenings, 1538-1975. Salt Lake City, Utah: FamilySearch, 2013.
- Leicestershire Pedigrees and Royal Descents. William George Dimock Fletcher Clarke and Hodgson, 1887 - Families of royal descent - 207 pages. Page 25.
- A Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Commoners of Great Britain and Ireland Enjoying Territorial Possessions Or High Official Rank: But Uninvested with Heritable Honours, Volume 3. John Burke Colburn, 1836 - Great Britain. Page 137.
- https://books.google.com/books?id=hdMHAAAAQAAJ&pg=PA106&lpg=PA106&dq=Pigot+and+co.'s+national+commercial+directory+for+1828-9+ALFRETON+AND+NEIGHBOURHOOD&source=bl&ots=J49NGZZxSm&sig=TXpw2GOgqUllKZibMD4aKt8aHts&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CB8Q6AEwAGoVChMIka6AnNKoxwIVDA-SCh30SAIX#v=onepage&q=Pigot%20and%20co.'s%20national%20commercial%20directory%20for%201828-9%20ALFRETON%20AND%20NEIGHBOURHOOD&f=false Pigot and co.'s national commercial directory for 1828-9, comprising a directory of the merchants, bankers, professional gentleman [&c.] in the counties of Cheshire, Cumberland [&c.]. Pigot James and co. Page 196.
- "Sir Oswald Mosley". The Sydney Morning Herald. 13 October 1915. p. 12. Retrieved 27 June 2010.
- Ancestry.com. England & Wales, Death Index, 1916-2007 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2007. Original data: General Register Office. England and Wales Civil Registration Indexes. London, England: General Register Office.
- FreeBMD. England & Wales, FreeBMD Marriage Index, 1837-1915 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2006. Original data: General Register Office. England and Wales Civil Registration Indexes. London, England: General Register Office.