Specialist Computer Centres
Peter Rigby founded Specialist Computer Centres (SCC) in 1975 with an initial cash investment of just £2,000. Rigby has maintained control of the company over 30 years of sustained growth  and has seen SCC's turnover rise to £2.038 billion (2005).
In May 2012, a company press release claimed that turnover to year end March 2012, had risen to £2.75billion, a 10% rise on the previous yearly period. Peter Rigby claims that if SCC were a public company, turnover would be as much as £14 billion.
SCC is now the largest privately owned technology company in Europe.
In April 2010 Rigby's Patriot Aviation Group bought Coventry Airport, with a view to moving from freight-only to serving business passengers and helicopters. In June 2013 it bought Exeter International Airport. In June 2014 it bought Norwich International Airport.
Rigby also owns the luxury hotel group Eden Hotel Collection, of which Mallory Court in Leamington was named "Most Excellent Hotel in the United Kingdom and Ireland" for 2009 by magazine Condé Nast Johansens.
In 2010, the Sunday Times Rich List estimates Rigby to be worth £430m, based on his corporate investments. This ranked him as the 158th richest person in Britain. Although his net worth has increased through the acquisition of European IT companies, his position on the rich list has slipped from a peak of 61st in 2003.
- Brum deal with stars of business/Rich pickings from hi-tech (The Times) 10/6/04 .
- SCH strengthens European leadership with another year of growth .
- Fast Track 2006 Top Track 100 league table, published 2 July 2006 in The Sunday Times. .
- "SCH announces unaudited results for Financial year ending 31 March 2012". Your-Story.org The Press Release Resource. 28 May 2012. Retrieved 28 May 2012.
- Times article, 23/5/04 .
- Sir Peter Rigby agrees deal to save Coventry Airport .
- "Exeter International Airport sold to Rigby Group PLC". BBC News. 27 June 2013. Retrieved 27 June 2013.
- "New owners of Norwich International Airport will not scrap controversial travel tax". Archant. 11 June 2014. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- Theatrical hotel plan nears completion 24/2/10 .
- Sunday Times Rich List 2010, .
- Birmingham Post Midlands Rich List 2010, .