Sir Richard Bulkeley, 2nd Baronet
He was the elder son of Sir Richard Bulkeley, 1st Baronet and his first wife Catherine Bysse, daughter of John Bysse, sometime Chief Baron of the Irish Exchequer. Bulkeley was educated at Trinity College, Dublin and Christ Church, Oxford, graduating from both with a Bachelor of Arts in 1680. In the following year, he became a Fellow of Trinity College and received a Master of Arts in 1682. Bulkeley was appointed a Fellow of the Royal Society in 1685. In the same year he succeeded his father as baronet; however he was attainted by the Irish Parliament after the Glorious Revolution of 1689. Three years later Bulkeley entered the Irish House of Commons for Fethard (County Wexford), representing the constituency until his death in 1710.
On 16 February 1685, he married Lucy Downing, daughter of the eminent statesman and financier Sir George Downing, 1st Baronet at Westminster Abbey. Their only son died as an infant. Bulkeley died in 1710 and was buried at Ewell. With his death the baronetcy became extinct. His widow remarried, as his fourth wife, William Worth, Baron of the Court of Exchequer (Ireland), whose third wife had been Richard's stepmother, Dorothy Whitfield, but Lucy survived her first husband by less than 2 years.
- Johnston-Liik, Edith Mary (2006). MPs in Dublin: Companion to History of the Irish Parliament 1692–1800. Ulster Historical Foundation. p. 74. ISBN 1-903688-60-4.
- Notes and Queries. vol. XII. London: J. Edward Francis. 1915. pp. 128–129.
- Lodge, John (1789). Mervyn Archdall (ed.). The Peerage of Ireland or A Genealogical History of the Present Nobility of that Kingdom. vol. V. Dublin: James Moore. pp. 22–23.
- "ThePeerage - Sir Richard Bulkeley, 2nd Bt". Retrieved 3 June 2009.
- "Royal Society - Library and Archive catalogue". Retrieved 3 June 2009.
- Burke, John (1841). John Bernhard Burke (ed.). A Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Extinct and Dormant Baronetcies of England, Ireland and Scotland (2nd ed.). London: Scott, Webster, and Geary. p. 601.
- Ball, F. Elrington The Judges in Ireland 1221-1921 London John Murray 1926 Vol. 1 p.359
|Parliament of Ireland|
| Member of Parliament for Fethard (County Wexford)
1692 – 1710
With: Dudley Loftus 1692–1695
Sir Nicholas Loftus 1695–1703
Thomas Palliser 1703–1710
|Baronetage of Ireland|
(of Old Bawn and Dunlaven)
1685 – 1710