Sir Thomas Esmonde, 11th Baronet
Esmonde was elected Irish Parliamentary Party MP for the constituencies South Dublin 1885–1892, West Kerry 1892–1900 and North Wexford 1900–1918 in the House of Commons of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
Louisa and Esmonde had five children:
- Alngelda Barbara Mary Grattan Esmonde
- Eithne Moira Grattan Esmonde; married her second cousin Sir Anthony Esmonde, 15th Baronet
- Patricia Alison Louisa Grattan Esmonde
- Sir Osmond Esmonde, 12th Baronet (1896–1936)
- John Henry Grattan Esmonde (1899–1916); killed in the Battle of Jutland
Esmonde's home, Ballynastragh House, located near Gorey, County Wexford, and dating from the 17th century, was burned down 9 March 1923 by members of the anti-Treaty Irish Republican Army. However, a new house, similar in style, was built on the site shortly afterwards and still exists today.
Esmonde was a frequent traveler and author of articles on Irish folklore and antiquities, as well as a memoir, Hunting Memories of Many Lands (1920). He died in Dublin, six days before his 73rd birthday.
- by George Petrie from Brewer, Vol. 2: where it is stated that it was published by Sherwood 1 May 1826 and engraved by James Sargant Storer and Henry Sargant Storer
- "Sir T. H. Gratton Esmonde: Nationalist Whip and Sinn Fein Senator". The Times. The Times Digital Archive. 16 September 1935. p. 14.
- "Sir Thomas Henry Grattan Esmonde, Bart". Oireachtas Members Database. Retrieved 16 January 2016.
- Robert Henry Mair, ed. (1886). Debrett's House of Commons and The Judicial Bench 1886. London: Dean and Son. p. 48. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- Notable Irish Members (Historic): Sir Thomas Grattan Esmonde
- Esmonde Family Tree
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Sir Thomas Esmonde
- Portraits of Sir Thomas Esmonde at the National Portrait Gallery, London
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|New creation||Member of Parliament for South Dublin
|Member of Parliament for West Kerry
Thomas Joseph Healy
|Member of Parliament for North Wexford
|Baronetage of Ireland|
|This biography of a baronet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of the United Kingdom, for a constituency in Ireland between 1801 and 1922 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a member of Seanad Éireann is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|