Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School (St. Catharines)
|Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School|
101 Glen Morris Drive
|School type||Secondary school|
|Motto||Latin: Facta non verba|
("Deeds, not words")
|School board||District School Board of Niagara|
|Enrolment||Approx. 1000 students|
|Colour(s)||Navy blue and gold|
Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School is a Canadian secondary school located in St. Catharines, Ontario. It is one of eight public secondary schools in the city, and is situated in the community of Glenridge. The secondary school is known for their competitive sports, extremely strong acedemics, arts, their bulldog mascot and extensive list of extracurriculars. It is administered by the District School Board of Niagara.
Extended French program
Sir Winston Churchill's Extended French program has been in existence for over 30 years. The school offers the program through grades 9 to 12 to students who participated in Extended French previously in elementary school. Twelve of the forty credits that an Extended French student completes will be taught in French. These are mainly core subjects like French, Math, Science and Social Sciences.
Sir Winston Churchill offers several extracurricular sports activities to its students, including football, swimming, cross country running, track and field, volleyball, basketball, soccer, lacrosse, hockey, rowing, and others.
This section does not cite any sources. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Graduation year is in parentheses:
- Malin Åkerman (1995), Swedish-Canadian actress and model
- Doug Favell (1965), NHL goaltender for the Philadelphia Flyers and the Toronto Maple Leafs
- Jeffrey Finley (2010), CFL defensive lineman for the Montreal Alouettes
- Karla Homolka (1988), serial killer
- Tammy Homolka (grade 10 student at death), murder victim of Karla Homolka and Paul Bernardo
- Paul Jenkins (1965), economist, former Senior Deputy Governor and former Chief Operating Officer of the Bank of Canada
- Wade MacNeil (2000), guitarist, vocalist and founding member of the post-hardcore band Alexisonfire
- Keith Makubuya (2009), professional soccer player
- Mark Steenhuis (1996), NLL forward for the Buffalo Bandits
- "Sir Winston – Extended French". Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- "Extra-Curricular Programs At Sir Winston Churchill" (PDF). Retrieved 11 August 2016.