|Municipality Formation||2053 BS|
|• Mayor||Asheswor Yadav (FSFN)|
|• Deputy Mayor||Dr. Namita Yadav (NCP)|
|Elevation||80 m (260 ft)|
|• Ethnicities||Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist|
|Time zone||UTC+5:45 (NST)|
Siraha (Nepali: सिराहा, sirāhā) is the headquarters and municipality of Siraha District, a part of Sagarmatha Zone, Nepal. Siraha had a population of 28,442 according to the census of 2011. and a population of 82,531 as of 2015. The mayor ois Asheswor Yadava and the deputy mayor is Dr. Namita Yadav. Both assumed office on 25 September 2017. The town is at 80 metres (260 ft) altitude, 29 kilometres (18 mi) ESE of Janakpur.
Siraha municipality is in Siraha district of Sagarmatha zone. It is one of the old municipalities among 58 municipalities. When dividing Nepal into 34 districts, Siraha was in Saptadi district. Siraha municipality was established in 2053 (BS) composed of 5 VDCs namely Siraha, Maknaha, Manpur, Basbitta and Thangi, which was divided into 9 wards. Ward numbers 1, 2, 7, and 8 were made from Maknaha VDC; 3, 4, and 5 were made from Manpur; number 6 was made from Basbitta, and number 9 was made from Thangi VDC.
The Siraha municipality is composed of total 22 wards, including Laxminya, Sanhaitha, Lagdigadiyani, Lagdigoth, Hakpara. All these were villages Development Committee consisting of 9 wards in each VDC, and all were merged to Siraha municipality making total 22 wards. Its area is 94.20 sq km and population as of 2015 was 82,531. Its headquarters is the old Siraha municipality office. Its neighbours to the north are Bishnupur and Arnama Gaupalika, to the south is Bihar (India) to the west is Dhanusha District, and to the east are Aurhi and Arnama Gaupalika. The population consists of Hindus, Muslims, and Buddhists, and the main languages are Nepali, Maithali, Hindi, and Urdu.
- Surya Narayan Satya Narayan Morbaita Yadav Bahumukhi Campus Siraha
- Shree Chandara higher secondary school
- Mount Everest secondary school
- Evergreen Academy Siraha
- J.M Academy Siraha
- Balsansar English Boarding School
- Everest English Boarding School
- Shree Kanya Primary School
- Pentagon Academy
- Sarswar Nath higher secondary school, Sarswar
- Nepal Avalanche Academy, Ramaul
- Secondary School, Ramaul
- EASTERN STAR ENGLISH BOARDING SCHOOL,KHIRAUNA
- Siraha City Facebook.com/Sirahacity
- Salhesh Times Facebook.com/salheshtimes
- Apan Dainik Facebook.com/Apandainik
- "National Population and Housing Census 2011" (PDF). Kathmandu, Nepal: Government of Nepal Central Bureau of Statistics. March 2014. p. 60(49). Retrieved 15 August 2014.
- "Ministry of Federal Affairs and local Development" (PDF). Ministry of Federal Affairs and local Development. 11 August 2017. p. 82.
|This Nepalese location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|