|Owned by||MTV Channel|
|Slogan||The People's Channel|
|Broadcast area||Sri Lanka|
|Sister channel(s)||MTV Sports,
Sirasa TV is a digital, terrestrial television network in Sri Lanka. It is the sister channel of 'MTV Sports' which was established in 1992. Sirasa TV was founded in 1998 to similar itself[clarification needed] to their Radio network Sirasa FM. Sirasa TV is owned by the Sri Lankan business conglomerate The Capital Maharaja Organization Ltd together with Gregson Holdings Ltd. Since then, another multi-national company - International Media Management - has also invested in MTV. It broadcasts its programs mainly in Sinhala.
2009 New Year Attack and assassination
Fifteen masked gunmen stormed the studio and transmission complex, and destroyed the main control room of the group on 6 January 2009. Investigations revealed that a Claymore mine was used for the attack. Critics and observers linked the attack to the controversial reporting that was adopted in relation to the capture of Kilinochchi by Government Forces. Opposition political parties and associated media organizations accused the government of being responsible for the attack.
Tele Dramas (සිත්තම් රාත්රිය)
- Swapna (Week days 8.00-8.30 PM)
- Sujatha (TV Serial) (Week days 8.30-9.00 PM)
- Uthum Pathum (Week days 9.00-9.25 PM)
- Me Aadarayai (Week days 9.25-9.55 PM)
- Sirasa Superstar - first reality show in Sri Lanka.
- List of television networks in Sri Lanka
- List of radio networks in Sri Lanka
- Media in Sri Lanka
- Api Nodanna Live, most popular show at the time