|Elevation||85 m (279 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Sirathu is well connected to big cities like Allahabad and Kanpur by road and rail. The Sirathu railway station is on the Allahabad–Kanpur route. Few mail or express and superfast trains halt at the Sirathu railway station, but passenger trains are quite common. Sirathu Railway Station is the only railway station of Kaushambi district where superfast trains halt is given. The most common and preferred mode of transportation is via road. The national highway connects Sirathu with Allahabad and Kanpur. State buses are mostly common. The nearest bus station is Saini bus station. And it is the oldest Bus Station of Kaushambi District.
As of 2001[update] India census, Sirathu had a population of 12,208. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Sirathu has an average literacy rate of 53%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 63%, and female literacy is 42%.
Sirathu is located about 60 km north-west of Allahabad and is just 15 km north-west of the district headquarters, Manjhanpur.
Pabhosa Tirtha and the historic site of Kara are the nearby places of tourist interest.
Nearest airport is at Allahabad Sirathu Railway Station is situated on the Allahabad- Kanpur line of Northern Railways. National Highway 2 passes through Sirathu (Saini).
Sirathu have the tourist attraction also, Kara is the oldest town of Kaushambi district and it is 9KM far from Sirathu. You can visit and see the fort of Kara. Ganga river is also in Kara and daily so many pilgrims come here to take Ganga Bath. Mata Sheetla Temple is one of oldest temple of Kaushambi and so many Hindus come here from evert part of Uttar Pradesh.
There is so many schools, colleges and degree colleges in Sirathu to provide good education. There is a Sanskrit Gurukul Mahavidyalaya also where students comes to learn our Vedic language Sanskrit. In Sirathu there is Hindi Medium and English Medium Schools also where they provide a good education.
List of Colleges/Schools in Sirathu
- S.A.V. Inter College Sirathu Kaushambi
- Government Girls Inter College Sirathu
- Uday Shyam Inter College Sirathu Kaushambi
- Little Flower Convent School Sirathu
- B.D. Public School School Sirathu
- Kaushambi Public School Sirathu
- St. Maria Convent School Sirathu
- Naveen Adarsh School Sirathu
- S.N. Inter College Sirathu.
List of Degree Colleges and Technical Institute in Sirathu
- DENANATH PANDEY MAHAVIDYALYA SIRATHU
- BHAGWATI PRASAD DAULATRAM MAHAVIDALYA SIRATHU
- ITI Sirathu
- MVR DEGREE COLLEGE KASIYA SIRATHU
- PT. SOMCHANDRA DWIVEDI MAHAVIDYALAYA BAMHRAULI, SIRATHU
- SRI BABU SINGH DEGREE COLLEGE SYAHARA SIRATHU
- SANSKRITI I.T.I, KUNDRAVI, SIRATHU
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.