Sirithu Vazha Vendum
|Sirithu Vazha Vendum|
|Directed by||S. S. Balan|
|Produced by||S. Maniyan
|Written by||R. K. Shanmugam|
|Screenplay by||S. S. Balan|
|Starring||M. G. Ramachandran
M. N. Nambiar
|Music by||M. S. Viswanathan|
|Edited by||M. Umanath|
|Distributed by||Udhayam Productions|
|30 November 1974|
Sirithu Vazha Vendum (English: Live cheerfully), is a 1974 Indian Tamil film directed by S. S. Balan, starring M. G. Ramachandran in the lead role and Latha, M. N. Nambiar among others. The movie is a remake of 1973 movie Zanjeer.
During his childhood, Ramu (MGR) escapes from killing during the massacre of his parents. He grows up, haunted by the memory of this horrible night, drawing indefatigably a white horse, resulting from the curb chain bracelet of the mysterious killer. Later, he finds the murderer some years later on his policeman's way with the help of Usthad Abdul Rahman (MGR), (an ex-owner of cabaret), and settle the score with him.
- M. G. Ramachandran as Inspector Ramu (Ramu "payya") and Rahman Bai (alias Usthad Abdul Rahman)
- Latha as Mala, the knife-grinder
- M. N. Nambiar as Nakanraj
- R. S. Manohar as Othai Kannu
- Thengai Srinivasan as "Kedhy" Pakiri
- L. Kanchana (also Junior Kanchana) as Nakanraj 's mistress
- V. S. Raghavan as De Selva
- V. Gopalakrishnan as The superior of Ramu
- Isari Velan as a bad guy
- V. R. Thilakam as Janaki, Ramu 's mother
- S.V.Ramdass as Dayalu
- Tirutchi Chelardhar Rajan as Marimuthu, Ramu 's father
- S.R.Veeraraghavan as a police officer, Ramu 's foster father
The film is a remake of Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya Bachchan starrer Zanjeer (1973) Hindi film. It is the 125th movie of MGR. It was the only time, when the son of S. S. Vasan, boss of The Gemini Circuit, shows an MGR, in the skin of a violent, fashionable cop in the 70s and in the time-honored expression : "...in the unorthodox, fast and muscular methods". The film has adopted a style that does not differ from Poliziotteschi like Piedone lo sbirro, in 1973 or more seriously High Crime La polizia incrimina, la legge assolve, also in 1973. The song "Konja Neram Ennai..." was intended at first for the movie Inaintha Kaikal(with MGR) which does not live finally in the daytime. The title of the movie was inspired by a song of the soundtrack of the success of the previous year, Ulagam Sutrum Valiban, another MGR's Film.
The film was blockbuster and ran more than 100 days.
|1.||"Ondre Solvaan (Ennathil Nalamirunthel)"||Pulamaipithan||T. M. Soundararajan & chorus||5.13|
|2.||"Nee Ennai Vittu"||Pulamaipithan||L. R. Eswari||3.45|
|3.||"Konja Neram Ennai"||Vaali||T. M. Soundararajan & S. Janaki||5.25|
|4.||"Ponmana Chemmalai"||Vaali||T. M. Soundararajan & Vani Jairam||2.59|
|5.||"Ulagam Ennum"||Pulamaipithan||T. M. Soundararajan, P. Susheela & Sheikh Salamad||5.09|
- "Sirithu Vazha Vendum". Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- "Amitabh Bachchan turns 75: How the veteran superstar established a strong south Indian base".
- "Sirithi Vazha Vendum Records". mgr blog. Retrieved 2014-07-09.
- "Sirithu Vazha Vendum Songs". raaga. Retrieved 2014-07-09.
- "Sirithu Vazha Vendum Songs". tamiltunes. Retrieved 2014-07-09.
- "Meenava Nanban songs". Retrieved 8 March 2012.