|Region||Eastern Region of Uganda|
|Elevation||1,178 m (3,865 ft)|
|Population (2014 Census)|
|Time zone||UTC+3 (EAT)|
Sironko is approximately 22 kilometres (14 mi) by road, northeast of the city of Mbale on the highway between Mbale and Moroto. This is approximately 265 kilometres (165 mi), by road, northeast of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The coordinates of the town are 1°13'50.0"N, 34°14'53.0"E (Latitude:1.230556; Longitude:34.248056).
The elevation of the town is 3,864 feet (1,178 m) above sea level.
The 2002 national census put the population of the town at about 11,200. In 2010, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) estimated the population at 13,700. In 2011, UBOS estimated the population at 14,100. In 2014, the national population census put the population at 18,884
Points of interest
The following additional points of interest lie within the town limits or near the edges of town:
- offices of Sironko Town Council
- Sironko central market
- mobile branch of PostBank Uganda
- UBOS (29 November 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- "Distance between Mbale and Sironko with Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Sironko With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- Google (19 July 2015). "Location of Sironko at Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 19 July 2015.
- UBOS. "Estimated Population of Sironko In 2002, 2010 & 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 27 May 2014.