|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Sirwar also spelled as Sirawara is a new taluk(This before it was a town coming under Manvi taluk) of Raichur district in Karnataka state, India. Sirwar is one of the fastest growing town in Karnataka and is famous for Paddy (Sona Mossurie Rice - is one of the best quality rice in the world). The business center for almost 30 villages across the region. It is also famous for litchi, which it exports in tonnes.
Sirwar is situated in Southern part of India and Northern part of Karnataka. Karnataka State highway 20 also called (Raichur-Bagalakote Road) passes through Sirwar and Sirwar is 36 km from the district headquarters Raichur, approx. 500 km from Bangalore, and belongs to the Raichur region.
Climate of the town is hot during the months of March to mid June and pleasant rest of the year. Pretty cool nights and mornings during Dec-Jan.
The name of the Sirwar (syn. siri-war) comes from (Siri) in Kannada Siri- Rich Place. The town is economically rich place.
Sirwar has a decent town style with traditional flavour.
Main food in the Sirwar town is Rice, Jolada Rotti/Khadak(Crispy) Rotti, Sajje Rotti, Chapathi, Curries(Vegetable). Famous for spicy chicken dishes and shops too.
Agriculture is the main occupation, this place is being called as Punjab for its rich and modern agriculture. And also Finance is the major business apart from retail business.
Pretty simple place to see. There few historical places and temples to see.
- Sajjalagudda Sharnamma Ashram MATT At Deodurga Road (@Galag Farms),AND ASHOK MAHARAJA MASKI SHASANA,HATTI GOLD MINS IN LINGASUR TALUKA.
- Bayalu Hanuman Temple is very famous(Bayalu Hanumappa Gudi)
- Oora Bhavi(Big Pond)
- Hari-Hara Temple(Also called Eshwara Gudi)
- Venkateshwara Temple
- Gaddige Matha
- Devi Mane
- PWD Camp Anjaneya Temple
- Sri Rama Mandira Jalapur Camp
- Myagala matha
- Amba Bhavani Temple(Behind Police Satation)
- Holy Cross Church
- Big Idol of Lord Shiva on Paramananda Betta.
- Annapurna Sametha Lord Eswara Temple at Nawalkal/Devi Camp
- Devi Camp
- Yellu Amavasye(On this occasion Bayalu Hanumappa Jatre And Halugamba celebrated every year)
- Ganesh Festival
- Vijaya Dashami(Also called Dashera. On this occasion Ayudha Pooja and Banni is Celebarted)
There is also bull racing during Kara-Hunime. Similar to bull racing in Spain and other European countries. Vadavatti village is near to Sirwar (15 km) in Vadavatti we can see ranganath swamy temple which is on small hill.
- During Shivarathri Festival season, "Shiva Kalyanam is celebrated at Lord Eswara Temple at Nawalkal/Devi Camp with huge public gathering which is spectacular event*
- Village code= 525400 "Census of India : town with population 5000 & above". Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- "Yahoomaps India :". Retrieved 2008-12-18. Sirwar, Raichur, Karnataka